The Senior Events Marketing Specialist has primary responsibility for the timely execution of the promotions plan to support virtual and onsite corporate events and initiatives. This includes executing the appropriate marketing mix to achieve organizational goals and ensure corporate brand is accurately and consistently communicated. This role is also accountable for the end-to-end program management for assigned events and requires strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with the ability to independently collaborate with multiple stakeholders across different regions, levels, functions, and products.
Location: This position can be located in the US from a home - based office.
- Construct and define event framework to achieve goals and continually apply best practices and creative ideas to best represent and promote Bentley applications
- Coordinate directly with key stakeholders to confirm agendas and promotional content to support each event
- Create and communicate promotional toolkits to the regional marketing team(s) for localization and deployment to generate the highest quality attendance
- Create and ensure the communication of sales toolkits to enable sales, channel and Advancement Teams to promote and support events
- Develop appropriate mix-marketing plans and content to support events. This may include SEO, SEM, social media, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Bentley Communities. Social media support for live events may include creating posts and tweets from the event, recording video from the event, promoting social feeds to Bentley colleagues, curating content from internal and external sources or supporting the needs of onsite colleagues
- Create content and maintain updates to event landing pages and microsites, including coordinating the localization of text as required
- Develop promotional messaging and continually test and evaluate subject lines, images, layout, length, to improve open rates, click-through rates, and conversions. Make ongoing adjustments to meet set goals.
- Create, distribute, and maintain event summary template to ensure all stakeholders are aware of goals, performance and onsite or virtual activities/offers
- Champion and deliver reports, dashboards, and presentations to communicate event targets, metrics, successes, failures, and suggested improvements to key stakeholder
- Ensure post-event leads, professional development hours, final attendance numbers, etc. have been appropriately processed and communicated
- Align promotion plans with the logistics and budgeting process (including, Virtual events, third party promotion and, receptions, onsite promotions, corporate sponsor agreements, etc.)
- Manage and standardize processes for new corporate events (ex. ELS Proficiency Forums)
- Engage with Marketing Engagement/Creative Services for creating and/or editing email and landing page copy, providing segmentation and list targeting input, including web content and other data to ensure the best target audience
- Provide expertise on marketing and reporting systems (e.g. Sitecore, SAP Hybris, On24, Certain, PowerBI, SharePoint)
- Ensure Sales and the Channel team are aware of planned marketing programs in the region to facilitate proper leverage of marketing programs
- Update event marketing calendar to contain accurate content to be promoted in all mediums
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Minimum of 6 years of professional experience
- Experience managing development of event-related internal/external communications
- Experience managing the development and adherence to Event Plan (pre, during, post-event)
- Ability to report on event effectiveness, as measured by reports, surveys, testing, and rates
- Possess a proven understanding and experience with digital acquisition programs, Account-Based Marketing (ABM) strategy focusing on Net Business Growth (NBG).
- Can decipher and apply appropriate existing user or new business event strategies
- Experience managing department Budgets
- Ability to identify, solicit, and confirm opportunities to assert Bentley as a thought leader
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be deadline-driven and detail-oriented