At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
In the role of Senior ETL Architect, you will architect the design and development of data-driven ingestion solutions across a variety of Information Management initiatives ranging from existing applications to large-scale and complex data transformation programs. You will architect efficient, reliable, scalable and secure ETL/ELT solutions to meet the business needs. This includes planning, evaluating, recommending and designing the solutions to ensure that technology projects are cost effective, compliant with enterprise standards and aligned with business and technology strategies.
- Architect and design ETL/ELT integration strategies for enterprise integration solutions to support client business processes and functional requirements as it relates to complex data driven solutions
- Actively participate with cross-functional teams to drive ETL/ELT architecture and solution designs from inception to delivery
- Research, analyze and design to data architecture requirements and recommend optimal ETL/ELT solutions within Information management technologyarchitecture.
- Support the development of Integration roadmaps, associated plans and apply industry and technical knowledge to provide ETL/ELT solutions that increase measureable business results and minimize risk.
- Preparing integration architectureblueprints, position papers, conducting market research and proof of concepts on emerging technologies
- Develop architecture standards for code, documentation and designs to ensure best in class integrated solutions. Driving Process and Tool improvements to optimize operations and cost efficiencies.
- Oversee vendor delivery of ETL/ELT solution design and code as per Enterprise standards
- Identify, recommend, source, negotiate and implement emerging IT Integration trends, developments and improvements solutions (buy/build/reuse).
What you have to offer:
Good understanding of ETL/ELT architecture as it applies to Big Data and Massive Parallel Processing computing platforms and related experience covering but not limited to:
- 10+ years of experience in the design and development of data warehousing ETL/ELT solutions
- 5+ years of experience in the role of ETL/Integration architect and knowledge of establishing Big Data ETL/ELT standards on Hadoop (Hortonworks) and platforms such as Exadata, Netezza or Terradata.
- 10+ years of experience as Informatica Developer & scriptingexperience.
- 2+ years of experience with the Hadoop stack (e.g. MapReduce, Spark, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, HBase, Kafka)
- 2+ years of related experience in big dataarchitecture with knowledge of Data Lake ingestion tools
- 2+ years of experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Apache, R/Python/Scala)
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization with the Relational Databases and Hadoop stack
- Contribute to meeting key project milestones and overall project deliverables on time, within budget, and adhering to relevant standards
- Develop/maintain a proficient knowledge of system development methodologies, key business initiatives / issues, IT implications for systems or technologies and their impact on business solutions
- Able to multi-task in a very dynamic environment
- Experience with databasetechnologies including Exadata, Oracle, Terradata, Netezza, MySQL, SQL Server, Postgres
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics
- Strong architecture skills in Data and Integration domains which includes deep understanding of partitioning, clustering, indexing and optimization in both Distributed and MPP architectures.
Requisition ID: 115908