Walsh is currently seeking a Senior Estimator for our Corona Regional Office in CA.
The Senior Estimator is responsible for developing accurate and timely proposals and estimates for projects to ensure that Walsh is a responsive bidder. Works with a team of Estimators in the development of a multidisciplinary estimate and works independently on projects of lesser scope and complexity.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Walsh employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
- Reviews project plans, requirements and specifications to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project and develop scope of work, labor and equipment costs.
- Prepares quantity takeoffs and pricing of scope either through self-perform production based estimate or unit price estimating.
- Reviews and understands all bid documents and material requirements to assess constructability and product material requirements.
- Initiates subcontractor solicitations and quality discussions with subcontractors to gain detailed knowledge of portion of work for which the Estimator is responsible.
- Prepares bid packages; involves comparison and analysis of competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Analyzes subcontractor bonding capabilities, workload and prior performance relative to project.
- Prepares estimates according to the requirements of multiple delivery systems. Reviews quotes and estimates with the project management team.
- Assists with certain post-bid buyouts
- Initiates and participates in meet and greet presentations with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Comprehends contract requirements for diversity compliance.
- Civil Engineering or Construction Management degreepreferred
- 8-10 years of experience in construction related field; 5 years in estimating preferred
- Extensive knowledge of construction means and methods, costs and engineering principles
- Able to work independently without much supervision and work well with a team
- Engages and coordinates with Lead Estimator on the bid.
- Understands Costs and Market Conditions.
- Takes accountability for delivering on commitments.
- Identifies and understands differences in subcontractor quotations.
- Looks to continually improve and grow.
- Accurately estimates time required to complete actions and activities.
- Accurately interprets written information associated with projects.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer skills with estimating software
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced, changing environment
- Some travel is required for projects that are bidding in different regions.