LaGuardia Airport Redevelopment is the largest infrastructure development project in the US history expected to be completed by 2026. This multi-billion dollars project will be the major modernization and redevelopment of LaGuardia Airport and includes the construction of a new Delta Terminal C totaling over 1 million square feet to replace existing Terminals C and D. The project also entails building a central utilities plant; substation, roads, and bridges; airside facilities, including widened and improved taxi lanes airside.
We are currently seeking the role of a Senior Estimator is to perform all phases of site works including mass earth work, shoring, utilities and underground structures, piling, heavy civil construction including foundation, and structural concrete construction. Experiences in structural steel and architectural trades are plus. The Senior Estimator is responsible for working both independently and collaboratively with other estimators and assigned project manager/s to estimate project costs for both budget estimates and hard bid estimates, and change orders.
- Perform conceptual budget estimates based on narrative and project sketches and/or project scope of works
- Review, interpret, and accurately estimate scopes of work as describe in the project documents
- Prepare take-off, detailed accurate equipment, labor, material cost and price the trade cost eventually
- Review progress and construction documents for constructability in order to determine the crew size and productions rate
- Responsible for all aspects of estimating including pre-construction, hard bids, budgets, general conditions, value engineering, and subcontractor bidding
- Conduct thorough analysis of drawings and specifications, ensuring required information is provided
- Research selected products from a cost and constructability perspective
- Solicit sub-contractor pricing if required and bids for different trades in preparation of cost estimate
- Coordinate administrative staff in sending documents to vendors if required
- Minimum 10 years’ experience estimating within site, heavy civil and structural concrete construction industry preferably in New York City.
- Strong analytical skills, union rate, and local knowledge of the construction industry
- Must have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to meet critical project deadline, willingness to coordinate and work as a team member
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and change orders at one time
- Previous experience with public agencies and/or local utilities companies is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management, or related construction experience
Tracking Code 4297-872