STV is a leading, award-winning professional firm offering engineering, architectural, planning, environmental and construction management services. We consistently rank among the country's top 25 firms in education, corrections, highways, bridges, rail and mass transit. Throughout the United States and in Canada, STV’s professional, technical and support personnel offer services to a broad and ever-expanding client base. We provide planning, environmental, design, program and construction management, and specialty services for the transportation, design-build, institutional and commercial building, advanced technology, industrial and defense markets.
STV’s team of construction professionals provides flexible, focused construction management and technical services to public and private sector clients. Managing projects that range from $100,000 to hundreds of millions of dollars nationwide, our construction management specialists are complemented by an experienced architectural and engineering design staff. As an added value to our clients, we also provide cost estimating, scheduling and value engineering services in-house. It is this seamless integration of multidisciplinary capabilities that sets us apart from other firms.
We currently have an opening in Los Angeles, CA office for an Estimator in our Construction Management division to work on aviation projects.
- Preparing conventional bids and conceptual estimates to owners as assigned.
- Review and coordinate final pricing methodology.
- Review quantities, production rates, material quotes and totals for pricing.
- Assist in receiving and evaluating subcontractor and major material quotations.
- Work as lead estimator on individual projects including takeoffs, sub-solicitations, pricing, bid summaries, GC’s.
- Review work of estimators and junior estimators to comply with standard estimating practices.
- Prepare and make estimate transfer to budget.
- Oversee and assist Project Management with the preparation of significant project change estimates including change orders and constructionclaims.
- Develop and maintain Sub/Vendor database.
- Develop and Maintain cost history on different types of projects.
- Train estimating staff.
- Solicit and maintain communication with subcontractors and vendors.
- Assist in preparing subcontractor bid packages.
- Ensure that we have the proper subcontractor bid coverage.
- Review bid requirements thoroughly.
- Develop RFI’s and clarifications and ensure adequate subcontractor coverage and shows interest.
- Create bid lists that fit scope of job, ensuring that we have the right subs for the project.
- Participate in value engineering exercises.
- Properly turn over bid documents and sub buyout information to Project Management in a timely manner.
- Review drawings with Project Management team and highlight areas of concern.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education, Certification:
- B.A. or B.S.in Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture, or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years of estimating experience for large projects.
- Knowledge of estimating software, engineering principles and construction principles.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work well within a deadline driven environment.
- Perform functions efficiently and accurately with little direct supervision.
- Must maintain a professional attitude and conduct oneself in positive manner at all times.
- Must respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Must be able to perform in fast paced, changing environment.
- Positive attitude and professional customer service skills.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.