We are currently looking for a Senior Estimator to join our Las Vegas office. Is your dedication to client satisfaction, accurate estimates, and positive partnerships your work passion? Do you enjoy high profile projects? Do you strive to always provide recommendations in the best interest of the client? Do you thrive on leading a team of estimating professionals and drive their growth and development?
- Work in partnership with the project manager to plan the job prior to project initiation i.e. general conditions study, procurement schedule, logistics, etc
- Develop comprehensive understanding of project strategy and deploy this throughout the estimating process
- Ensure that the information required to begin the estimating process is accurate and available
- Establish the pre-constructionbudget and manage the associated funds
- Ensures that the best bids are obtained for each trade, based on the needs of the project
- Structure a fair and comprehensive final sub bid process by incorporating all information from previous budgets, by educating all subs on the Shawmut view of the project, including, but not limited to detailed written scope of work, logistics, etc., so that they are all bidding on the same work
- Present information and proposals effectively to clients based on their needs and preferences
- 7+ years experience in construction estimating, preferably with a general construction company
- Vast knowledge of all trades: scope, time frames/field execution, typical missed scope/exposures and an understanding of MEP systems and components
- Solid conceptual estimating experience
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of contract types and deal structures
- Must reside in Las Vegas and be flexible to required business travel.