Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Prepare complete estimates for assigned projects of varying size and degree of complexity
• Review, understand and highlight to Proposal Manager and onerous and/or unusual contract requirements and any special provisions such as DBE participation requirements
• Produce completed pricing sheets, material and labor units
• Coordinate, Review and Compare Subcontractor bids
• Adjust estimated labor units for job type, conditions and location
• Analyze Project to determine any Labor and/or Material saving methods
• Review Local Labor Union Agreements to determine rates, benefits etc
• Present final bid to Senior Management
• Supervise and coordinate the work of the junior estimators
• Attend pre-bid conferences and make site visitations when required
• Participate as required in estimating hand off to construction upon successful award of contract
• Maintain effective discipline and keep good staff morale
The Senior Estimator shall have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
A good knowledge of OCS/TPS/SIGNAL/COMM construction is required.
Knowledge of MS Office products and Hard-Dollar Estimating Software a must.
Also, must have exceptional organizational and supervisory skills.
REQUISITION NUMBER: 20180312-25001-001
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent experience
• Works in an office environment
• Frequently sits for long periods of time
• Frequently speaks, reads, writes, and uses a computer keyboard
• May require occasional standing, walking, lifting, stooping, or bending
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/ Veterans/Disabled)
Railworks Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities, Females, Veterans, Disabled)