Do you have a passion for landscape construction with the expertise to create accurate and profitable estimates and want to be an integral part of a successful landscape construction company?
Senior Estimator Key Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business development in pursuing projects to bid.
- Prepare and deliver accurate, complete, timely and profitable takeoffs, estimates, bid documents and proposals with subcontract/supplier quotes that have been requested, analyzed and approved.
- Analyze and strategize plans, specifications, construction notes and details, project conditions, constructability, value engineering issues, site preparation, scope of work for all trades, bids, competitors, margins and bid closures.
- Prepare cost analysis for entire project including materials, labor, equipment, subcontractors, exclusions and overhead costs
- Prepare accurate and profitable budget estimates for all design build projects.
- Prepare, maintain, update and regulate the components of an accurate and current constructionschedule including labor, equipment, supplies, subcontractors and materials.Provide regular reports on the status and coordinate schedule with all relevant field staff, managers, supervisors, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Review the progress, budget and schedule to foresee well in advance and make adjustments to avoid any potential problems or delays.Maintain accurate documentation of all significant events and delays.
- Ensure estimates allow all projects to be run efficiently and consistently completed according to contract, within budget, within time, safely and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Implement strong technology and documentation skills to ensure accuracy and availability to project team.
- Demonstrate a high regard for client satisfaction and retention with prompt resolution of disputes.
- Maximize and effectively use technology.
- Build and maintain internal and external collaborative relationships particularly with the estimating team, management, field staff, subcontractors and vendors.
Required Experience and Education:
- A minimum of six (6) years of successful Senior Estimator experience in landscape construction and a track record of profitability and successful project completion.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects utilizing organization and communication skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility regarding timely and accurate completion of work and a strong commitment to corporate goals.
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding established business goals, executing plans, implementing key performance metrics, problem solving, decision making and strong business acumen.
- A proven track record of pursuing bids, performing estimates and schedules that complete projects on time, within budget, safely, profitably and to the satisfaction of the client.
- Proficiency with technology and software.