As a Senior Estimator on our California High Speed Rail CP 2-3 project you will be initially based out of our Selma, CA project office and play a key role in the project’s successful execution. Ideally you will have had experience working on similar capacity major civil infrastructure projects.
The Senior Estimator will support and work with design and operations team staff in the review of project plans, requirements and specifications. The Estimator shall perform quantity take-offs, pricing, and bidding of construction projects and have extensive knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles.
- Review project plans, requirements, and specifications.
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities to coordinate with the team and estimators to develop a large multidisciplinary estimate.
- Determine labor and equipment costs.
- Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing.
- Review and understand all bid documents and assess project risks.
- Understand project logistics and project schedule.
- Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Review quotes and estimates with the Project Management Team.
- Prepare estimates at different levels of completion (conceptual, Schematic, DD, CD, etc.)
- Meet with Clients, Owners, and Engineers.
- Serve as company interface between Owner - Architect/Engineer -DUSA Team and is responsible for developing leadership, motivation, and communication with owners, subcontractors and project team and is accountable for their actions.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Assist in preparation of bid schedules of projects being estimated
- Perform Risk and Contract Management responsibilities as required
- Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man-hour figures
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work
- Advise on major changes in scope of work.
- Upon project completion, conduct debriefing with estimating, engineering and production teams to discuss positive and negative aspects of the project
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current/accurate information on prices from suppliers and subcontractors
- Search and analyze options for most effective means and methods of construction
- Understand best value approach to winning new work
- Set productive, consistent, and acceptable work example
- Maintains knowledge of Flatiron’s company values and strategic plan
- Support published corporate policies
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited institution and 5 years estimating or related experience.
- 10 years related experience if not degreed in a related field of study.
- Minimum 2 years of Structures or Earthwork Estimating for heavy civil projects. (Highway, Rail, Bridge or Airport infrastructure)
- Experience with HCSS Heavy Bid Estimating Software preferred
- To understand and consider in the estimate construction specifications and contract requirements