The Senior Electrical Estimator is responsible for preparation of all levels of estimates and proposals relating to their discipline(s) that are required to support the engineering and design-build construction projects. This position will prepare and present lump sum bids, proposals, unit cost and quantities for various projects with a diverse portfolio of project types and clients; focusing in the power generation market, including solar and renawables.
- Lead estimating strategy and implementation efforts.
- Review and approve project summary schedules for validity.
- Manage workload scheduling to ensure timely completion of deliverable's.
- Lead risk review process.
- Responsible for compliance with estimating methodology insuring quality estimates are produced.
- Lead project team review for estimating quantities and scope of project.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving quotes on bonds and insurance.
- Review and approve small and disadvantaged business solicitation and evaluations.
- Lead subcontractor solicitation and pre-qualification reviews.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving specialty and standard equipment pricing.
- Review and verify subcontractor bid packages before being transmitted for quotes.
- Present the estimate to internal and external clients.
- Responsible for the review of final estimate before management review and proposal presentation.
- Lead estimating teams for completion of pre-construction services.
- Responsible for cost history, data base management and estimating process.
- Approve price general conditions, indirect costs and review as provided by project management team.
- Make final recommendations as to fee, contingency and escalation.
- Provide man hour quotes for required estimating effort.
- Develop strategy on contract partnering agreements.
- Prepare and present estimating data for risk review process.
- Verify and approve estimates for joint venture reviews.
- Review commercial terms and conditions and address risk issues.
- Review and validate value engineering items, alternates and options.
- Responsible for the accuracy and validity of estimate clarifications and assumptions.
- Review documents for gaps and overlaps in scope of work.
- Train and mentor staff.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement. A minimum of 8 years of direct project estimating experience
- Ability to work independently or in groups, think creatively and analytically, and make quick and sound decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert with Microsoft Office, ConEst and K-base.
- OSHA 10 hour safety certification required.