Senior Estimator - Academic Group
At Shawmut, our primary objective is to deliver exceptional service catered to our clients specific goals and concerns. Our project teams deliver top quality work through a hands-on, collaborative process while keeping our clients bestinterests our absolute focus at all times. With specialized training and the support of a national company, we foster project teams whose skill and dedication leads to the deliberate, predictable and repeatable constructionexperiences that have attracted and retained the top clients in every market in which we focus. The most memorable constructionexperiences are based on one principleits the people who make the difference. And at Shawmut, we have the very best.
Shawmut is looking for a Senior Estimator to join our Academic Group, who work with elite local private/public colleges, universities, and K-12 institutions. The Senior Estimator ensures that projects are set up properly to be executed to the highest standards on all varieties of projects. Tasks and work need to be completed accurately and on a timely basis to ensure the project is set up for success.This will be accomplished by personal workload and executing the project strategy established by the project team.
The purpose of a Shawmut Senior Estimator is to ensure that projects are set up properly to be executed to the highest standards on all varieties of projects. Tasks and work need to be completed accurately and on a timely basis to ensure the project is set up for success. This will be accomplished by personal workload and executing the project strategy established by the project team.
- Work in partnership with the project manager to plan the job prior to project initiation i.e. general conditions study, procurement schedule, logistics, etc
- Develop comprehensive understanding of project strategy and deploy this throughout the estimating process
- Ensure that the information required to begin the estimating process is accurate and available
- Establish the pre-constructionbudget and manage the associated funds
- Ensures that the best bids are obtained for each trade, based on the needs of the project
- Structure a fair and comprehensive final sub bid process by incorporating all information from previous budgets, by educating all subs on the Shawmut view of the project, including, but not limited to detailed written scope of work, logistics, etc., so that they are all bidding on the same work
- Present information and proposals effectively to clients based on their needs and preferences
- Serve as mentor and coach to estimators and assistant estimators
- Uphold Shawmut Values and 16 Best Practices All applications will be kept in the strictest confidence. Submit your resume by clicking on 'add to job cart.' Thank you for your interest in Shawmut Design and Construction! Shawmut Design and Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer or AA/EOE
- 7+ years experience in construction estimating, preferably with a general construction company
- Experience estimating in Life Sciences either biopharma or academic setting
- Vast knowledge of all trades: scope, time frames/field execution, typical missed scope/exposures
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge about estimating processes and delivery methods
- Understand MEP systems and components, and be able to scope and analyze MEP bids
- Solid conceptual estimating experience
- Management experience: coaching, feedback delivery, delegating and mentorship
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of contract types and deal structures