The position summary states the general nature and purpose of the job. Overall accountabilities are defined in this section.
This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Enterprise Risk Management, Compliance & Ethics, and Accounting Compliance. This position will assist the Sr. Manager in the oversight and coordination responsibilities, working with Sr. Management, to assist them in identifying and managing enterprise risks throughout the organization. The person must have a general knowledge or be familiar with the design, implementation and assessment of a global company’s ERM framework.
The position will assist the Sr. Manager in the oversight and coordination responsibilities, working with the Company’s legal team, in the administration of the Company’s Ethics and Compliance Program. The person must have a generalknowledge or be familiar with conducting investigations related to, but not limited to, Conflicts of Interest, Accounting and Operational Fraud.
This position will also be responsible for assisting the Sr. Manager in the coordination of the Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) program, working with the Company’s Accounting and IT organizations and outsourced testing entity to ensure the Company is in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements across all divisions (globally). The person must be familiar with assessing and testing all aspects of business process controls and familiarwith IT General Controls.
- Responsible for enhancing Smithfield’s Enterprise Risk Management program, which aligned with the COSO ERM Integrated Framework.
- Assess and evaluate the Company’s ERM effectiveness and report semi-annually on the results in accordancewith the listing requirements of the Hong Kong Exchange.
- Work to identify current and emerging risks. Ensure that more than insurable or hazard risks are identified, measured and managed in each of the key risk areas. Ensure that tools are developed and implemented for monitoring and measuring those areas determined to be major risks to minimize exposure.
- Work with the Legal and Human Resources teams in the oversight and coordination of the Company’s Ethics & Compliance Program. Have experience or general knowledge in investigating and evaluating Compliance & Ethics areas, such as Conflict of Interests, Accounting and Operational Fraud/Irregularities, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Have an understanding of the Company’s Hot Line processes, requirements for investigation and effective documentation.
- Work with the Company’s Accounting and IT teams to ensure effective coordination of the Company’s ICFR, andwith the external auditors and the outsourced relationship with the 3rd party internal control testing.
- Drive compliance with global SOX programs and coordinate with business process owners and control owners toensure all SOX requirements are met.
- Act as Administrator of AuditBoard. AuditBoard is a web-based tool for SOX and ERM management to include SOXRisk Control Matrices, Process Narratives, control testing, issue evaluation and reporting and the ERM program.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by peopleassigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Accounting and 5+ years of experience in a position to include a mix of accounting, internal audit, enterprise risk management, compliance & ethics and internal control knowledge; required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and Certified Risk Management Assurance (CRMA), preferred.
- MBA, preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to travel 30% to 40% of the time, including internationally.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Provides leadership and guidance for the Company’s ERM, Compliance & Ethics and Accounting Compliance activities.
- Directs the 3rd party outsourcing relationship charged with the ICFR testing.