West Des Moines, IA
Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
8 - 10 years
Posted 64 days ago
Requisition Number 19-0025
Post Date 2/21/2019
Title Senior ERM Analyst - Corporate
City West Des Moines
Description GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Senior Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Analyst serves as a resource to business channel risk owners in identifying, developing and implementing strategies that will enable the business to mitigate or eliminate risk. The incumbent identifies key risks that could arise as a result of failed internal processes, human error, internal systems or from external events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partners with risk owners to gather and analyze operational risk data.
• Works with the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) to design an enterprise risk management program that will detect inherent risks and protect assets of the company and its entities, affiliates and related interests.
• Designs, implements, validates and calibrates quality model governance for the company.
• Develops and manages an economic balance sheet to determine company assets and liabilities.
• Produces and documents enterprise stress testing for CRO and Executive Team.
• Performs Value at Risk (VaR) measurements and reports accordingly.
• Assists with the development of key risk indicators (KRIs) and other measurements and metrics.
• Participates in and at times leads monthly/quarterly risk assessments, identifying key risks, controls and gaps.
• Educates risk owners on company’s operational risk framework.
• Develops opportunities to improve risk management data quality.
• Evaluates data to identify root cause and improvements.
• Contributes to the completion of assessments and root cause analysis when needed.
• Mentors, coaches and trains ERM Analyst(s); assisting in their growth and development within the department and the company.
• Performs other related work as assigned.
Direct Reports: None
General Description of Indirect Reports (2 and 3-downs): None
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, statistics or related field of study, plus ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in a comparable actuarial or risk management role, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• Experience in a life and annuity company preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS:
Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Risk certification required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform the job.
• Knowledge of internal control and risk management concepts, financial services industry practices and regulatory requirements.
• Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Advanced mathematical skills and strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with employees, customers, and other outside third parties.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Project management skills, including showing initiative and playing an active role in projects.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
• Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical/operational procedures.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to successfully handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
This description covers the major purpose and essential functions of the job. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each task is to be performed. Employees may receive other job related instructions and be required to perform other job related work requested by their manager. All requirements are subject to possible modification to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.