The Boeing Commercial Airplanes Production Engineering department is seeking a Senior Equipment & Tool Engineer to support the Fabrication Division in Puyallup, WA.
The role is for an engineer, who is able to provide creative solutions for procurement of new equipment as well as troubleshoot and upgrade existing equipment systems.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Lead equipment design and analysis in support of standard work, specification development, analytics, controls and PLC programming, as well as research, evaluation and integration of robotics, automation and new technologies/ processes for automated production cells
- Develops project requirements, develops highly complex equipment and tooling concepts/designs
- Validates analysis of technical data, influences product engineering design and makes robotics, automation or technical recommendations to support production system
- Executes project plans, provides input to Make/Buy decisions and partners with Procurement to meet program schedule, cost and quality targets.
- Ensures compliance with safety, producibility, maintainability, reliability, ergonomic factors and regulatory requirements
- Leads gated reviews and develops plans for production readiness, preventative maintenance and spares acquisitions
- Validates contractual performance milestones and maintains configuration control
- Conducts studies and makes recommendation for disposition of assets
- Reviews designs for compliance with customer requirements, building codes and applicable regulations by applying knowledge of construction principals and practices
- Integrate new or existing equipment into building utility systems
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
The successful candidate will have the following education, experience, skills and capabilities.
- At least 5 years prior experience procuring or developing equipment systems
- 5 or more years of experience with automation and controls
- Minimum 5 years of Project Managementexperience using MS Project
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
Typical Education & Experience:
Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- Experience with trouble shooting programmable logic controllers and/or other equipment controller systems
- Experience working with maintenance teams in assisting and troubleshooting equipment failures
- Understanding of building codes, applicable regulations and construction principles
- Bachelor of Science degree in one of the following areas is highly preferred
Aeronautics & Astronautics Engineering
Aeronautical Engineering Technology
Electrical Engineering Technology
Industrial & Systems Engineering
Manufacturing Engineering Technology
Manufacturing Systems Engineering
Material Sciences and Engineering
Mechanical Engineering Technology
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Plastics Engineering Technology
Job ID 1800071994