Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges.
Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
Senior Equipment Design Engineer Supervisor
About the role:
Lead the design and development of equipment and tooling that will be used in the manufacturing of medical devices. Serve as a technical lead and Supervisor for 6-8 Equipment Design Engineers and Technicians.
You will influence the development of equipment design, process design, and product design as part of the larger cross-functional manufacturing team collaborating with process engineers, design engineers and manufacturing.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with a cross functional team from Process Development, R&D, Manufacturing and Operations to develop equipment strategy, scope, design and source equipment for New Product lines.
- Lead development of comprehensive manufacturing equipment ranging from simple fixtures to complex automated systems (hardware and/or software) for equipment/software from basic functionality to complex systems: Complex systems may include PLC's, Visual Basic applications, databases, SCADA applications, and systems.
- Perform project lead activities on small to large-scale validation/qualification projects. Participate in vendor evaluations and Factory Acceptance Testing.
- Supervise 6-8 Equipment Design/Build Engineers and Technicians.
- Manage resource allocation to support manufacturing equipment related issues escalated to the department.
- Manage relationships with outside equipment suppliers and vendors.
- Work closely with Equipment Engineers to highlight equipment design related issues and opportunities for improvement.
- Work with equipment engineers to ensure proper design for safety, ergonomics, durability, and maintenance.
- Provide mentorship to other engineers and technicians.
- Demonstrate leadership within the department by identifying opportunities for success in regard to safety, quality, service and efficiency.
- This job will require bending and lifting of about 50 pounds.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline and 5+ years’ experience of experience with manufacturing automation and controls
- Experience with medical device regulations or other highly regulated industry
- Experience with new product equipment design and development strategy
- Experience supervising engineers and/or technicians, machinists
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Requisition ID: 423930