About the role:
Lead the design and development of equipment and tooling that will be used in the manufacturing of medical devices. Serve as a technical lead and Supervisor for Equipment Design Engineers and Technicians.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with a cross functional team from Process Development, R&D, Manufacturing and Operations to develop equipment strategy, scope, design and source equipment for New Product lines.
- Lead development of comprehensive manufacturing equipment ranging from simple fixtures to complex automated systems. (hardware and/or software) for equipment/software from basic functionality to complex systems : Complex systems may include PLC's, Visual Basic applications, databases, SCADA applications, and systems.
- Perform project lead activities on small to large-scale validation/qualification projects. Participate in vendor evaluations and Factory Acceptance Testing.
- Supervise Equipment Design/Build Engineers and Technicians.
- Manage resource allocation to support manufacturing equipment related issues escalated to the department.
- Manage relationships with outside equipment suppliers and vendors.
- Work closely with Equipment Engineers to highlight equipment design related issues and opportunities for improvement.
- Work with equipment engineers to ensure proper design for safety, ergonomics, durability, and maintenance.
- Provide mentorship to other engineers and technicians.
- Demonstrate leadership within the department by identifying opportunities for success in regards to safety, quality, service and efficiency.
- This job will require bending and lifting of about 50 pounds.
What we're looking for in you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline and 5+ years’ experience of experience with manufacturing automation and controls
- Experience with medical device regulations or other highly regulated industry
- Experience with new product equipment design and development strategy
- Experience supervising engineers and/or technicians, machinists
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred