- Develops and maintain the training program for their application. Will work closely with other staff relevant to Epic upgrades and changes. Utilizes knowledge of the organization’s clinical or business requirements, Epic application capabilities, and his or her technical skills to implement and support training for the Epic application as well as build and test the training environment. All members of the training team should have experience with adult education and UVA Medical Center operations.Develops and maintains the training environment and curriculum necessary for training users on the EHR applications
- Maintain a strong understanding of the EMR to design, build and test the training environment
- Maintain strong relationships with analysts supporting the build environment – and review appropriate Epic documentation – to ensure that changes to the environment are appropriately communicated, incorporated into training curriculum, and built into the training environment
- Ensure that curriculum has appropriate end-user proficiency assessments.
- Maintain a current understanding of the security build to ensure that training matches the role’s functionality in the system.
- Create and distribute tip sheets to augment classroom training.
- Maintain a current understanding of the credentialing process, and coordinate and lead credentialing of new trainers as required.
- Working with build team, ensure that migrations are appropriately accounted for in the training environments.
- Participate in rebuilds of the training environment, as required by operational and technical needs.
- Support and assist team members with less experience in maintaining the training environment and curriculum.
- Oversee and assist in monitoring training plans for upgrades.
- Develops and maintains training exercises and materials for users of the EHR applications Has knowledge of the EHR applications Is able to troubleshoot system issues.
- Develops user manuals, policies/procedures and reference materials that are relevant to current practice.
- Proactively maintains and updates training materials and the training environment as directed.
- Set up and populate training environment for classroom activities. Participates in the system testing process for new functionality or system upgrades.
- Has knowledge of adult education principles.
- Conducts classroom training sessions, in-services, group and individual instruction. Conducts needs assessments, program evaluations and end-user proficiency assessments.
- Prepares class rosters
- Prepares training environment for each class.
- Maintains associated record keeping documents and coordinates access with security team after competency assessment is completed by trainee.
- Provides instruction through both lecture and demonstration. Maintains current knowledge of application build and workflow.
- May oversee temporary training personnel and provide ongoing customer support. Prepares train-the-trainer program.
- Assigns personnel to training tasks and directs their activity.
- Prepares long term training plans/schedules and monitors its progress.
- Demonstrates good communication skills and interpersonal working relationships.
- Supports Super Users as necessary to maintain ongoing ability to actively support end-users
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Position Compensation Range: $33.90 - $54.23 HourlyMINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
Experience: 5-7 years relevant experience
Licensure: Epic Certification, or able to obtain within 6 months of hire date.