We are seeking an Epic Applications Analyst PSJH to demonstrate full use and application of standard principles, theories, and concepts related to technical discipline and provide solution to a variety of moderately complex problems. Manage more complex projects, establish and implement new or revised system requirements or procedures. Analyze user requirements, develop and implement systems for moderately complex processes. Lead activities of project team, mentor and assists others in support of applications, projects and goals. Initiate, coordinate or lead course correction to stay on schedule while providing professional support for a large multi-facility healthcare organization.
The Epic Web Applications Analyst provides technical build and configuration support, deployment, and optimization of the following Epic Applications: MyChart, EpicCare Link, Care Everywhere, Haiku/Canto, and MyChart Bedside.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Uses in-depth information and analysis to provide management with advice and counsel on a variety of business issues. Issues are often highly technical and complex in nature.
- Define user requirements for complex systems and educate customers on application functionality and limitations. Collaborate with customers on efficient, effective use of application resources, and create related documentation as necessary.
- Work with internal and external teams to support and develop business solutions. Use professional knowledge, judgment and analysis in making decisions or recommending a course of action that meets business needs, in addition to assisting others in these same activities.
- Demonstrates service excellence and positive interpersonal relationships in dealing with others, including patients/families/members, employees, managers, medical staff, volunteers, and community members, so that productivity and positive relations are maximized.
- Applies standards, concepts and theories related to technical discipline to provides solutions to highly complex problems, while also mentoring less experienced staff in the use of these tools, techniques and analytical skills.
- Prepares documentation and assist in documenting, defining and developing workflows in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborates with peers to create and maintain standard team specific documentation. Leads maintenance and improvement of documentation standards.
- Leads project teams as needed.
- Identifies, manages, and communicates issues and risks, diplomatically escalating as appropriate through areas affected. Assist others in gathering, assessing and troubleshooting of application failure root cause.
- Understand and translate the business needs into system design alternatives, configuration and workflow validations.
- Facilitates and coordinates the development and analysis of complex test plans. Acts as a resource during testing and upgrades; coordinates with appropriate individuals.
- Able to define and meet individual goals consistent with organizational mission, quality, budget, customers, and financial results.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Perform rotational on-call responsibilities.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Information Services or an equivalent combination of education, skills and relevant experience OR equivalent education/experience.
- Epic Certification with 4 years of build experience OR 7 years of build analyst experience in Epic and/or equivalent healthcare setting
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Epic Certification within 90 days of hire/training
- MyChart, EpicCare Link, Care Everywhere, Ambulatory certifications preferred, any certifications relating to software applications, technology infrastructure and or clinical specializations are an advantage.
- Experience in Epic server structure architecture, web server infrastructure and/or web development/programming languages
- Epic Clinical applications build experience
About the department you will serve.
Providence Shared Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for our Providence family of organizations across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.