At EXP, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees - their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity - and their innovative approach to work and to life.
EXP is currently searching for a Senior Environmental Project Manager to work in our Barrie, ON office. The ideal candidate will be a motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter with 10 plus years of experience in environmental site assessment and consulting services. Reporting to the Vice President of Environmental Services, this person will be responsible for a broad range of tasks
- Project management duties primarily focused on Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments to CSA and O.Reg. 153/04 requirements;
- Experience in risk assessment, remedial design and site remediation, including ISCO and bioremediation is preferred;
- Experience in completing peer review of technical documents and reports;
- Draw on technical skills and expertise to design, install, and conduct ongoing maintenance of remediation systems;
- Proposal preparation;
- Budget tracking and cost control;
- Report preparation;
- Review and evaluate technical work of other staff;
- Maintain excellent client relationships in various industries;
- Working with clients, junior staff, and project managers.
The Skills, Knowledge, and Ability We Seek
- 10+ years of experience in site remediation and environmental assessments;
- P.Eng. or P.Geo. license in Ontario (or equivalent designation from another Province or the US);
- University degree in a related field of study such as Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Hydrogeology or Geology;
- Excellent business development skills with an entrepreneurial sense of drive to service existing clients and generate new business;
- Highly technical abilities in environmental site assessment, remediation design, combined with a mechanical aptitude;
- Knowledge of risk assessment/remediation systems/techniques;
- Extensive working knowledge with Ontario Regulation 153/04, as amended (including filing of Record of Site Condition);
- Expertise in managing a team, budget management, report preparation, and client relationship management;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as advanced technical writing abilities;
- Ability to problem solve, troubleshoot, and put forth creative solutions.