At EXP, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees - their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity - and their innovative approach to work and to life.
EXP is currently searching for a Senior Environmental Project Manager, located in Anchorage, Alaska to lead all aspects of environmental project management, including client management and business development.
- Manage environmental permitting, regulatory strategy development, environmental field surveys, and construction compliance for a variety of energy-related projects, including, but not limited to, regulated and non-regulated pipeline projects, tank terminals, wind farms, power plants, and hydroelectric projects.
- Manage environmental survey subcontractors and environmental firms assigned to project phases.
- Develop and maintain environmental policy and procedures manuals for compliance assurance throughout the lifecycle of projects.
- Manage the permitting of projects including air permitting, refinery permitting and regulatory negotiations, United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) permitting, and other state and federal permitting.
- Manage firms conducting wetland delineations, TE habitat characterization, land use mapping and vegetation cover classification, GPS data collection, permitting and report preparations with USACE, United States Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS), and state and county agencies.
- Manage the completion of subsurface investigations of soil and groundwater at proposed properties.
- Ensure overall performance and accuracy of documents prepared for environmental services in accordance with National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA) and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) guidelines as applicable.
- Oversee the preparation of biological assessments for Section 7 ESA consultation requirements.
- Prepare detailed proposals and cost estimates for existing and new client contracts.
The Skills and Knowledge You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Biological Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Geology or a related field with a minimum of 10 - 15years of experience
- Experience managing the permitting, environmental consulting or NEPA documentation for oil and gas pipeline, power, or power line projects exceeding $1 million.
- Applicants should have references specific to their management experience related to permitting and NEPA documentation for oil and gas projects.
- Advanced knowledge of and ability to apply environmental compliance and permitting regulations of applicable regulatory associations including the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) and United States Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS).
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and acceptable techniques of business development and managing client relationships.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of project planning, development, and evaluation related to the environmental projects and the energy services industry.
- Knowledge of the concept, principles and practices of management.
- Knowledge of documents related to requests for proposals, invitations for bid and tendering offers.
- Knowledge of computer applications and functions, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to review project work, quantities, costs, accuracy of specifications, completeness, and constructability.
- Ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal to moderate supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, including advanced technical writing abilities.
- Ability to maintain and establish effective working relationships.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to compile, review and reconcile data for accuracy, completeness and compliance.
- Ability to perform work accurately in a detail oriented environment.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports, procedures, correspondences, and other written materials.