ERM is seeking a Senior Environmental Project Manager to join our Site Investigation and Risk Assessment (SIRA) technical team in Annapolis, MD. In this role, you will provide project management, senior technical guidance and direction, and business development skills on site investigation, remediation, and environmental construction projects for clients locally and nationally.
As a senior manager, you will contribute your leadership, client relationship, and technical consulting skills to drive the growth of ERM’s business and client base locally and in the Mid Atlantic, while networking with ERM's global SIRA technical community and technology experts to share best practices across the industry. This is an excellent opportunity for a senior-level technical professional to direct and develop further an existing SIRA group of individuals. The successful candidate will be looking to advance their career to the next level with the local organization and beyond with a global environmental leader.
- Manage and provide technical expertise on site investigation and remediation projects for a variety of clients with complex technical/regulatory issues in the Power, Chemical, Oil & Gas, Waste Management, and other manufacturing sectors.
- Support growth with our Federal government sector clients.
- Design and negotiate remedial solutions for contaminated soil and ground water, using innovative and emerging remedial treatment technologies as well as traditional systems.
- Oversee multiple projects within client’s scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables across ERM’s Site Investigation and Risk Assessment service line [e.g., Brownfields management, site investigation, risk assessment, remedial system design, environmental construction management, site closure and decommissioning].
- Appropriately delegate project assignments to project teams and mentor and develop junior staff.
- Coordinate with ERM offices in the Americas, Asia-Pacific, and Europe regions on national and international project delivery.
- Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business to grow the Site Investigation and Risk Assessment service area in the local as well as Mid Atlantic areas.
- Prepare technical proposals and participate in, and lead business development activities with existing clients and identified leads.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other ERM employees.
- BS/MS in geology, hydrology, engineering, environmental science, or related discipline.
- 10+ years consulting experience working with significant industrial clients on complex site investigation/remediation projects under a variety of local, state and federal regulatory structures (e.g., CERCLA, RCRA and MD Land Restoration Program).
- Advanced knowledge of the local regulatory climate, with proven negotiation skills with state and local regulators.
- Excellent writing, communication, strategic thinking, and “people” skills.
- Proven business development experience for large programs/contracts and client relationships supported by repeat business.
- Consulting experience working with US-DOD environmental and engineering commands desired.
- Recognized technical expertise and established reputation in the local marketplace.
Job Code: 11436