LaBella Associates was established in 1978 and has been voted a Top Workplace for the last five years. We are headquartered in Rochester, NY with offices across New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North and South Carolina, and Madrid, Spain. LaBella is a multi-disciplined architectural and engineering firm dedicated to client satisfaction through teamwork, respect, and trust. We provide services that take a project from start to finish—from an initial study to determine a project’s feasibility to construction administration and start up, and everything in between.
LaBella Associates seeks a Senior Environmental Planner to join our Downtown Rochester office. The Planning Division at LaBella Associates provides environmental review, planning and permitting services to a variety of municipal, private, and utility clients in addition to serving internal LaBella divisions.
Under general supervision of the Planning Division Director and Principal Environmental Analyst, the successful candidate will prepare various environmental documents and related technical studies pursuant of the New York State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA), National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), NYS Public Service Law (Article 10, Article VII and Part 102) and other regulatory programs. The candidate will also participate in a broad range of other planning, economic development and engineering services offered by LaBella Associates including planning, grants, permitting and GIS mapping. Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills are essential for the position.
- Prepare SEQRA/NEPA documentation and Environmental Impact Statements.
- Assist clients with the SEQRA and NEPA processes.
- Participate with municipalities or developers with the Article 10 process for renewable energy projects.
- Evaluate potential environmental impacts of projects and associated mitigation measures.
- Coordinate State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) review.
- Lead and participate in public meetings and community engagement.
- Conduct research, technical analyses and report writing to support environmental assessments and planning reports.
- Develop and nurture client relationships including preparation of proposals.
- Experience with environmental and sustainability issues including wetlands, geology, soils, wildlife, agriculture, and historic/archeological resources.
- Well versed in SEQRA, NEPA and SHPO regulations and review processes.
- Knowledge of Article 10 process and/or familiarity with wind and energy projects preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- GIS Mapping
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving
- Self-motivated with an eagerness to learn.
- Highly organized including good recordkeeping and project management skills
- Master’s degree in environmental planning, environmental science, urban planning or a related field preferred. However those with a Bachelor’s degreewill be considered.
- 10-15 years of experience in environmental consulting, planning or related field
- Proficiency with a variety of computer software including Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, ArcGIS, online applications and mobile applications. Understanding and ability to utilize social media applications is a plus.
- Health/Dental Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Gym Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness Program
- Team Building Events
- Community Service Events
Requisition ID : 1477