ERM is seeking a Senior Environmental Justice/Impact Assessment Consultant to play a lead role in the area of Social Responsibility and Environmental Justice (EJ). The ideal candidate will have experience developing social responsibility policy and executing EJ studies for capital development projects. The location of the position is flexible.
As a senior leader, you will be accountable for successfully consulting on a range of environmental, social, and health impact assessment projects to build a sustainable business, while networking with ERM's global technical team to share best practices across the industry. This is an opportunity for a senior-level professional looking to advance their career with a global environmental leader, and to make a significant impact in successfully implementing ERM's sustainability strategy.
- Assist ERM’s clients in developing and executing corporate EJ policies and programs.
- Serve as senior practitioner executing EJ studies for ERM clients’ capital projects in collaboration with other ERM staff who have and continue to support EJ reviews in the areas of strategic outreach, public policy, and indigenous engagement.
- Contribute to preparing EJ assessments for regulatory agencies, EAs/EISs and associated management plans in compliance with NEPA, serving in roles ranging from lead technical expert to QA/QC.
- Represent and advise ERM’s clients before regulatory agencies, industry groups, and the public on EJ issues.
- Assist ERM’s clients with tracking, analyzing and interpreting EJ-related policy and regulations at the state and federal levels.
- Contribute to business development of ERM’s global Impact Assessment and Capital Project Development service areas. Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take an active leadership role in developing new business with new and existing clients.
- Lead, manage performance, hire and retain, inspire and mentor personnel for overall success of technical team.
- Capitalize on existing ERM client relationships to expand ERM’s profile and market share in the energy sector. Work with other ERM resources to deepen relationships with ERM key clients and establish new client relationships that result in significant net revenue growth.
- BS/MS in environmental policy, planning, geography, environmental studies or related field.
- 15+ years of consulting experience with a range of related impact assessment, social responsibility and multi-media permitting experience.
- Strong technical writing and analytical skills, to identify and clearly communicate strengths and weaknesses of alternatives, conclusions, or approaches
- Demonstrated ability to assess EJ considerations and provide associated counsel to clients.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain long-term, productive relationships with clients.
- Solid grasp of the key impact assessment and management issues, as well as a high degree of technical competence and broad knowledge of impact assessment best practices.
- Recognized technical expertise by and established reputation in the marketplace, including positive reputation with key regulators relevant to impact assessment approvals.
- Well-developed team building and influencing skills; unquestioned integrity; and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address client and business needs and challenges.
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of ERM as a global company.