We are looking for Senior Environmental Engineer for our client in Rockford, IL
Job Title: Senior Environmental Engineer
Job Location: Rockford, IL
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- 5 - 10 years experience
- Environmental Engineer with at least 10+ years of Hardware design and Environmental testing experience based on DO-160 standards.
- Shall Have Strong Understanding Of Environmental Requirements Definition From Customer Supplied Supplier Component Definition (Scd).Review, Define, And Drive Proper Environmental Requirements.
- Shall Have Knowledge Of Aircraft System Interfaces, And Shall Have Soft Skills With Doors, Visio, Word, Power Point, Project And Excel Tools.
- Hardware Design And Testing Experience Based On Do-160 Standards.
- Perform And Supervise Various Environmental Tests, Including Thermal Shock, Drop, Aging, Accelerated Life, Altitude, Vibration, Shock, Temperature Cycling, Humidity Etc
- Provide Environmental Design Recommendations For Concept Designs.
- Act As Technical Liaison Between Customer And L&T Team. Perform Review Of All Technical Deliverables By L&T Team.
- Resource Shall Be Detailed Oriented, Well Organized In Completing The Work And Able To Hold Commitments.
- Lead Environmental Testing, Schedules And Provide Daily Updates On Schedule And Status.
- Resources Shall Be Able To Work Independently And Be Self-Motivated.
- Communicate Test Anomalies To Team Members In A Proper Time Frame Using The Customer Defined Process.
- Shall Have Hands On Experience In Performing Various Environmental Tests, Including Thermal Shock, Drop, Aging, Accelerated Life, Altitude, Vibration, Shock, Temperature Cycling, Humidity Etc.
- Expertise With The Use Of Multi-Meter, Data Acquisition Systems, Oscilloscope, Multi-Meter, Spectrum Analyzer, Digital Analysis Tools.
- Analyze Test Data Required To Determine Pass / Fail Status And Collaborate With Design Engineers To Identify Deficiencies And Offer Suggestions For Improvement.
- Write Test Reports To Clearly Describe Test Methods Applied And Results.
- Technical Competent In The Areas Of Hardware Design, Do-160 Environmental Testing, Reviews, Troubleshooting Analysis And Reporting Of Results.
- Knowledge Of Quality Process And Ability/Proficiency In The Use Of The Tools To Track Turnbacks & Escapes And Practice 5S And Preventative Safety.