As a Senior Environment Engineer you will play a key role in managing some of the most exciting and technically challenging projects up and down the Washington coast. Our Puget Sound environmental team works on a variety of sediment, waterfront, and upland remediation projects. You will get a chance to work on simple and complex projects from our robust portfolio of clients. As a Senior Environment Engineer you will set the example of technical excellence and leadership to our clients, while supporting the growth, development and contributions of staff. You are expected to exhibit strength in a combination of responsibilities and attributes noted below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Collaboration
- Demonstrate unassailable client management capabilities.
- Lead business development pursuits and company initiatives that cross discipline and office boundaries.
- Positively motivate others toward achievement of common goals. Lead by example, demonstrating honesty, loyalty, and integrity and create an environment where employees are actively engaged and energized.
- Promote safe work practices, taking immediate action when necessary to avoid and/or mitigate hazards.
- Assume final responsibility for the technical accuracy and loss prevention of projects and the completion of services in accordance with contractual agreements.
- Develop field, analytical, and project management skills in technical staff.
- Actively pursue ongoing learning opportunities in order to maintain current knowledge and expertise.
- Directly responsible for developing a book of business in order to meet or exceed individual annual financial contribution goals.
- Develop a strong business network and represent GeoEngineers as a leader in the profession by participating and assuming leadership responsibilities in community, industry, and client-driven events and organizations.
- Develop and utilize effective, ongoing processes to successfully identify and secure new clients and to offer additional services to existing clients, both local and national.
- Establish positive working relationships and maintain client confidence in order to support enduring partnerships.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering, Geology, or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of related professional experience, including at least 8 years of project management experience and 2 years of experience in leadership roles
- Strong sense of business dynamics, as well as sound and consistent business judgement, high level of professional integrity and accountability
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Some travel required