Senior Environmental Engineer or Structural Engineer - Bridges / TransportationPlanner
Structural Engineer - Bridges/Transportation
START YOUR APPLICATION
VHB’s growing Wethersfield, CT office is seeking a Structural Engineer to join our Transportation team.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Perform engineering design of bridges and highway structures
- Assisting in the field with bridge inspection
- Cost estimating
- Preparing contract documents and design plans
Skills and Abilities
- Must possess strong technical skills
- Familiarity with bridge design detailing (steel, concrete, prestressed concrete), and seismic analysis
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiasm to learn and ability to take responsibility
- BS in Civil Engineering (structural emphasis preferred)
- 5+ years of professional bridge design experience
- Licensed PE preferred
- Possess an understanding of completing transportation studies, design reports, final design documents and developing contract plans, in conformity with accepted engineering standards and procedures, including AASHTO & CTDOT
- Familiarity with structural engineering software (AASHTOWare, LARSA 4D, MDX, SP Column, MerlinDASH, Mathcad)
- MicroStation and AutoCAD experience a strong plus
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We’re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 38 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.