TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a highly motivated Senior Environmental Engineer for our growing Engineering, Construction & Remediation team in Madison, WI. This position will integrate into a well-developed team of environmental engineers, scientists, and technologists to provide support on projects with contaminated sites. We are seeking a candidate that will be able to demonstrate knowledge in the areas of environmental services for contaminated sites (Phase I/II/III Environmental Site Assessments and remediation), project coordination/management, and site supervision of remedial activities and will mentor less experienced staff.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
- Support remediation and environmental projects in the field and office
- Perform environmental assessments, environmental investigations, site inspections, and subcontractor oversight
- Prepare and review technical reports, feasibility studies, work plans, design documents, and construction documents in support of engineering design from pilot to full-scale remediation system design
- Support management of medium-to-large, complex tasks to ensure internal and external expectations are met for scope, budget, schedule, and quality
- Assist during proposal development including preparation of work scopes and budgets
- Provide oversight and review of junior staff work products for regulatory compliance, technical accuracy, and completeness
- Maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, clients, suppliers, contractors and external agencies
- Assist in business development activities by supporting business development proposal efforts, identifying opportunities, supporting proposal efforts, and developing winning strategies
- Develop health and safety and quality management plans and successfully implement for each project
- Periodic travel, possibly to remote locations
- Possess a Master's degree in Environmental, Geological or Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- 10+ years of professional experience in environmental consulting industry working on environmental projects including Phase I, II, III ESAs, soil and groundwater assessments, contaminant chemistry, remediation and risk assessment.
- Ability to work independently or on a project team. Capability to effectively manage field and office tasks to completion without supervision, including tasks involving coordination with subcontractors
- Understanding and awareness of health and safety practices
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of Vapor Intrusion assessments and mitigation
- Possess a broad knowledge of environmental engineering (e.g., treatment process design and evaluations, design and implementation of various in-situ remediation technologies, etc.).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required. Knowledge of AutoCAD, ESRI, and/or HydroCAD a plus.
- Strong scientific skills, including data collection, experimental design, data analysis and interpretation, and report writing
- Strong working knowledge of environmental legislation for Phase I, II and III ESAs, site characterization, soil and groundwater monitoring programs, and remediation of contaminated sites
- Ability to direct and mentor junior staff on a wide range of technically challenging projects
- Excellence in communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that facilitate detailed planning, timely decision-making and efficient implementation
- 15+ years of site investigation and remediation experience
- 40 hr OSHA HAZWOPER certification
- Proven track record in developing and sustaining client relationships