Senior Environmental Engineer / Associate Project Manager
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Parsons is an industry leader in delivering technology driven solutions to promote safer, healthier and sustainable world class infrastructure to communities throughout the world. Our landmark projects and capital improvement programs support global initiatives in infrastructure, water, energy, power, renewables, environmental, healthcare, education, and communications. This position specifically will support our environmental remediation team which supports complicated soil, sediment and groundwater remediation’s from initial investigations through construction and site closeouts. We are hiring colleagues with an entrepreneurial spirit who thrive on professional challenges in a high energy environment.
We are looking for a self-motivated, mid to senior-level environmental remediation professional Engineer to lead environmental projects and interface with clients. You will be assisting the PM to deliver projects, and will be mentored by a subject matter expert in the remediation field, moving you towards a career in Project Management. Are you ready for that next step? If you are the right one for us, you have site investigation experience, are committed to quality, and have a passion to protect the environment!
In this role, you will be performing investigation and remediation of former manufactured gas plant (MGP) sites and/or coal combustion residuals (CCR) sites. You will be involved in the investigative analysis of multiple sites, to determine contamination and design the remediation solution for the site. You will need to be a Licensed Environmental Professional (LEP) in the State of Connecticut, to work on this project. This position would be based out of the East Hartford, CT office, however willingness to travel to supplier, client, or construction site locations, is expected.
We expect you to be proficient at managing project tasks independently (e.g., field programs) and have expertise in developing written reports based on site investigation findings and design/prepare documents for the remediation solutions, based on those findings. You will interface directly with the client and other Parsons subject matter experts on a regular basis. If you are interested in a Project Management position in the future, this is a great step in that direction!
- Independently develops and/or supervises the creation of engineering products that meet customer quality requirements. This includes defining the problem, establishing the work scope, preparing the budget and schedule, planning the work, providing technical direction, and reporting the work status.
- Typical products may include detailed calculations, drawings, procurement documents, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, and detailed analyses.
- Prepares engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs. May supervise a team of engineers and provide input regarding performance.
- Delivers assignments to a project or organizational team, or as a lead engineer for a specific discipline on intermediate to large-size project.
- Provides input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
- Prepares of detailed requisitions for material purchase, services, and subcontracts.
- Reviews drawing submittals and assists in performing technical bid analyses.
- Prepares and issues of specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents.
- May be required to provide the seal and signature of the professional engineer, as appropriate, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and ordinances.
- 4-year degree in an engineering or field related curriculum.
- 8+ years relevant industry experience investigating and remediating environmental sites; experience with MGP and/or CCR sites is preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) certificate preferable
- License Environmental Professional (LEP) in the State of Connecticut is required!
- Proficiency in various computer software applications typically used within the assigned discipline.
- Proficient technical writing ability
- Proficient verbal presentation skills
- Understanding of environmental rules and regulations.
- Preferable 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Certification and valid refresher course.