Boeing Global Services organization has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Environmental Control System Engineer to support efforts associated with commercial aircraft modification programs. The engineering position reports through the Aircraft Propulsion and Systems/Connectivity Group, within the Boeing Global Services Organization. This position is located in Long Beach, California.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform Environmental Control Systems (ECS) design engineering and analysis support to commercial aircraft modifications and installations
- Works with design engineers to evaluate the installation and integration of Connectivity and Avionics systems into commercial aircraft, to assess and define changes to the ECS system
- Works with Environment Control System analysts to define engineering configurations that meets both ECS system and overall aircraft requirements
- Leads ECS team members to create design definition, documentation, and hardware that meet design and installation requirements
- Works as a Design Approval Engineer (DAE), with FAA delegation, to make Major/Minor determinations for commercial aircraft modifications
- Is responsible for reviewing and approving Environmental Control Systems drawings and design documents, and to ensure that certification requirements for the aircraft Connectivity and Avionics hardware installations are met
- Verifies and oversees integrated work statements, certification plans, component test plans, schedules and design documentation to ensure that Environmental Control System requirements are met
- Ensures that key program objectives are met for ECS, by utilizing standard ECS engineering tools, processes, and design practices
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Mods & Maintenance
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Chemistry
- 5+ years of experience working on commercial aircraft programs
- 3+ years of experience conducting ECS (Environmental Control Systems) analysis for large aircraft
- Experience as a Design Approval Engineer (DAE), with FAA delegation, to make Major/Minor determinations for commercial aircraft modifications
- Experience leading an integrated product team of engineers, supplier management, quality specialists, and certification experts through the design and delivery of certified commercial installations and ECS hardware
- Experience with leading project teams to meet project objectives and deliverables