Purpose and Scope:
Will be responsible for deploying and maintaining applications and environments that utilize automation, orchestration and monitoring toolsets. Oversee aspects of infrastructure integration, including configuration of new and existing SAP-based systems on multiple platforms. Specific duties will include:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing the installation, design and tuning of operating system/hypervisor, hardware, and all related peripherals.
- Automating, facilitating and managing virtualized workloads in internal and external loads.
- Automating provisioning, deployment and configuration of virtual infrastructure.
- Monitoring and administering servers in cloud and on premise.
- Improving infrastructure and processes for higher levels of availability and scalability.
- Co-develop solutions with the business groups/development teams.
- Acting as a liaison between our customers and support teams.
- Ensuring that customer deployed environments are secure and consistent.
- Providing assistance to junior level staff with more complex tasks that require a higher level of understanding of functions when necessary.
- Escalating issues to supervisors/managers for resolution when necessary.
- Reviewing and complying with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assisting with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Operating in a dedicated, focused team in a very entrepreneurial manner with customer focus.
Education Experience and Required Skills:
This position requires a Master’s degree (or equivalent foreign degree) in Software or Computer Engineering or a closely related field and 2 years of experience as a Systems Engineer, or alternatively, a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent foreign degree) in Software or Computer Engineering or a closely related field and 5 years of experience as a Systems Engineer. Must also have 2 years of experience (which can be gained concurrently with the primary experience requirement above) with the following: (i) applying Patches and deploying applications to Weblogic, JBoss and Tomcat environments, (ii) implementing Jenkins for automated and scheduled builds and deployments of various applications in different environments, (iii) managing and maintaining Application Delivery Controllers like Brocade Virtual Traffic Manager for setting up friendly URLs geared towards internal and external applications use, and (iv) setting up rules and IP whitelisting as a security measure.
Job ID 18000DK4