An Enterprise Management Systems (EMS) Engineer's expertise is needed to support a sophisticated enterprise management environment.
• Configure Network Performance Management tools to provide IP Service Level Monitoring Reporting
• Work with Network Engineers to modify monitoring configuration to match network changes
• Develops, implements, and executes standard procedures for the administration, backup, disaster recovery, and operation of the EMS tools including operating system security hardening, backup management, capacity planning, change management, version/patch management, and lifecycle upgrade management.
• Configure EMS tools to provide up-to-date operational and performance status of servers and applications.
• Perform actions and activities on Solaris, Linux, and Windows operating systems as needed.
• Interfaces with IT Operations staff to adapt EMS tool capabilities to meet operational requirements.
• Tunes EMS tools performance and event data quality to maximized EMS system efficiency.
• Assists with analysis using EMS and other tools to detect and respond to IT events, incidents, and outages.
• 3-6 years of experience with BMC specific tools
• Experience with BMC fault and performance management tools; including installation, configuration, and administration
• Fault event rules development, performance threshold management
• Experience with tools in an enterprise environment
• Experience with one or more of security hardening, backup management, capacity planning, change management, or patch management.
• Event analysis
• Strong background in Unix, Solaris, Linux, or Windows servers
• Scripting skills
• Must be able to support a large, complex server and network infrastructure
• Must possess a strong work ethic, be self-directed, and be a detail-oriented professional
• Must be willing to learn and adapt to new, cutting edge technologies
• Must be willing to document work and participate in customer change procedures
• Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised
• Must be a team player; willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure the team's success
• Specific experience with BMC tools including BPM, BPPM, BEM, and SIM including service modeling
• Windows, Solaris, or Linux administration
• Service Model development
Years of Experience Required:
Years of Experience Desired: