Under general direction of the IT Operations Manager, the Senior Enterprise Infrastructure Engineer leads the designs and implements solutions from Association business needs and evaluates current systems to secure best practices and balances with Association policies and procedures. Collaborates and engages in activities to assure knowledge development, sharing, leading, and integration within and across the organization as suitable. Other responsibilities include documenting and implementing responses to audit findings identified as vulnerabilities within the infrastructure, coordinate and manage support vendors, be responsible for the daily operations of all data center infrastructure, cloud computing infrastructure, servers, data storage, and enterprise wide computing systems. This position is also responsible for a deep understanding of products, services and solutions (including market, trends and strategies) related to Data Center operations. The Enterprise Infrastructure Senior Engineer will continue to maintain high reliability and performance while keeping operating costs in facilities at a minimum. Where appropriate, the Enterprise Infrastructure Senior Engineer will drive innovation and continuous improvement to reduce operational costs while maintaining high availability.
- Oversees and provides technical direction in design, install, configure, maintain, troubleshoot, test, monitor, and analyze the performance of the associations file servers, Exchange servers, SQL & Oracle Database Servers, Cloud Infrastructure and other application servers. Provide detailed usage, storage, and system performance to management.
- Administration of the Association's Enterprise Infrastructure which includes physical, virtual and cloud based servers, local and network storage, backup systems, antivirus systems and other related applications.
- Performs research, installation, testing and evaluation of new information systems technologies related to the Association's physical, virtual and cloud computing Infrastructure.
- Leads in maintaining the association's information systems hardware and software inventory as well as software license monitoring.
- Mentors and provides assistance to junior staff in diagnosing and resolving complex hardware, software and systems problems. Contribute by authoring articles for company knowledge base.
- Leads in the creation and maintenance of processes, standards, policies and procedures as they relate to physical, virtual and cloud computing infrastructure.
- Leads and collaborates with peers in coordinating, responding and implementing responses to IT infrastructure audit findings.
- Proactively engages in infrastructure projects driving them to successful completion by being a solution finder.
- This position has Active Directory access at the full domain administrator level.
- Performs other functions that may be assigned.
- TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree, with emphasis on computer science, management information systems or business; or equivalent.
- At least 12 years of technical and professional experience with 10 years supporting mission-criticaltechnology solutions within a complex IT applications environment and managing / maintaining infrastructure monitoring and health tools and applying risk management practices at all levels of problem solving. Internet and intranet technologies and computer security and data protection and backup systems. Understanding of high availability solutions relating to physical, virtual and cloud based Infrastructures.
- Azure Product knowledge, experience administering, migrating and optimizing Azure.
- Hands on experience with personal computer software packages including current Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office, database, e-mail,
- Infrastructure monitoring and reporting, and other programs including virtual and cloud based applications and services.
- High level experience in resolving all common computer problems including viruses, spyware, slow performance, errors, software application installation and configuration, wireless networks and peripheral problems. Utilizing Incident tickets and change management system.
- Extensive knowledge of Networking and Server operating systems, Active directory, DNS and DHCP, OU's, GPO's Policies, physical and virtual environments, cloud based solutions, disaster recovery concepts.
- Develops methodology and analyzes infrastructure capacity based on business forecasts and systems and capacity planning. Pro-actively addresses capacity issues.
- Maintains infrastructure data and develops metric reports.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team lead under tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Travel required in performance of job & participate in 24X7 on call rotation.
- Consistently leads technically in challenging situations and resolve issues.
- Coaches and mentors other technical team members.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail.