At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
This job will partner with key business, analytics, and technology stakeholders to identify business challenges, formulate a data plan, drive the insights, and develop solutions to enable the business teams to perform at the highest levels. This individual is responsible for driving understanding and decision making from data as well as working with key executives down to analysts. This role is part of the Data and Analytics COE which consists of experts and advisors with a specific focus on generating business insight, governing data assets, and promoting the use of data and analytics to achieve business outcome and measurable ROI across the enterprise.
The Data Governance Analyst will develop procedures to support the accuracy, security, and integrity of Delta Dental's data. The analyst will help maintain best practices regarding data access, provide expertise, guidance, and support in establishing, operationalizing and sustaining a data governance program that identifies, defines, manages and publishes data standards and policies. The individual will facilitate business processes and guide cross functional Data Stewards in developing enterprise solutions in coordination with IT. In addition, this individual is responsible for identifying, defining and maintaining Data Governance workflows, integrations, master data definitions and corresponding metadata within all represented data domains. This individual will ensure the quality and availability of that data, and coordinate the delivery efforts of that data under proper controls.
How you will make an impact:
- Creates objectives/strategies to reflect data governance initiative and charter, working in partnership with cross-functional teams.
- Define, author and partner with Business, Compliance and Technology stakeholders to operationalize Data Governance Policies, Processes and Procedures.
- Partner with Business and Technical Data Stewards to identify, define and maintain data definitions and corresponding metadata across business functions and data domains.
- Establish a Data Quality framework and partner with stakeholders to define and implement data quality rules for multiple Lines of Business.
- Perform data analysis and facilitate discussions for data issue/gap identification, root-cause analyses, remediation identification, solution implementation and closure. Document and report findings to inform business decisions and prioritize governance needs.
- Provide thought leadership and participate with projects that involve any of the upstream or downstream data flows and processes.
- Serve as liaison with Business and Data/Technology teams to apply data standards and processes (e.g. data access, classification, quality, certification, metadata, lifecycle and retention, etc).
- Coordinates business interests and collaborates with cross-functional Data Stewards, Compliance, Product and Technology in the development of the Data Governance and Data Management solution.
- Lead and/or support facilitation of workshops, sessions and training to increase Data Governance Awareness and Data Literacy.
- Create and monitor program metrics and dashboard reporting for review and presentation.
- Creates reports and analyzes data to identify solutions that meet business goals.
- Analyzes current processes and identifies existing or potential problems in order to discover new process improvement opportunities.
- This list is not all-inclusive and you are expected to perform other duties as requested or assigned.
What we look for:
- 6+ years of experience in similar roles along with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience directly related to defining, designing, implementing and managing Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Management and Analytics solutions and programs.
- Prior experience in a role requiring collaboration across multiple functions within a large, complex organization.
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, quantitative reasoning, and problem-solving skills with high attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to distill complex concepts into easy-to-understand frameworks and presentations.
- Strong business acumen, ability to think strategically and build effective business partnerships.
- Ability to clearly define and articulate Enterprise Data Governance Objective.
- Direct experience with defining and operationalizing Data Governance Policies, Standards, Processes and Controls (e.g. metadata, data classification, data certification, data access, data retention, lineage etc).
- Experience with Data Governance tools (e.g. Collibra) to design and build operating model, importing or exporting content, customizing dashboards & widgets, views, creating automation workflows, etc.
- Strong functional understanding of data and analytics architecture, platforms, and frameworks; including data modeling, data ingestion, data pipelines (ETL).
- Solid understanding of data issues that impact user experience and corrections that need to be implemented to resolve data issues, via business processes and technical capabilities
- Hands-on functional and technical experience in performing data quality, profiling and analysis.
- Good familiarity with standard relational database structures, SQL; Tableau and Business Objects knowledge is a nice-to-have.
- Strong presentation skills. Should be comfortable with presenting to all levels of management.
- Solid planning, priority setting, and project management skills with experience managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to lead project teams in driving end to end activities to meet set milestones and provide necessary mentorship/ guidance for the team growth.
- A self-starter that adapts well to change in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace and works well in cross-functional teams/projects.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences.