Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group, a member of American Financial Group, is a Fortune 500 company consistently recognized as a top place to work.
We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
This position consists of defining and planning solution architectures for the management of enterprise content.
- Has responsibility for analyzing and translating business, information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Develops enterprise level solutions that integrate across applications, systems and platforms. Participates in the design, development, testing, debugging, maintaining and documenting of system components and solutions.
- Provides expertise and standards to produce an optimal, high level, conceptual design for projects.
- Defines solutions architecture standards, policies and procedures for the organization. Ensures adherence to company architectural guidelines, principles and standards in all project milestones and deliverables.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves problems relating to systems integration, compatibility and multiple platforms.
- Solves highly technical and complex problems on multiple projects and provides consultative support to internal staff.
- Assists project teams in requirements gathering and reviews. Facilitates information gathering sessions and provides solutions analysis services.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new technologies, techniques or solutions to solve business problems.
- Works with various customers and prospects, understands and translates business use cases and / or requirements into solutions across multiple platforms.
- Exhibits specialized business knowledge and leverages strong customer relationships.
- Leads the work of others (trains, mentors, delegates, prioritizes and reviews assignments)
- Contributes to the development of project plans and timelines.
- May review, analyze, and modify ECM systems including configuring, testing, debugging, monitoring, fault resolution and installing products to support ECM.
- Experience with FileNet/P8 (including Content Navigator and/or Case Manager) or other ECM systems
- Experience building business process management (BPM) solutions
- Databases: Microsoft SQL Server (Stored Procedures, SSIS) or Oracle
- IDE: Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse
- Source Control: Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Experience administering, upgrading, installing WebSphere, a plus
- Demonstrates specialized knowledge in most aspects of designing and constructing enterprise content management solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, organize and plan work to satisfy established timeframes
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate strong initiative
- Willingness to learn and stay current on technology trends and upcoming features
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 8 or more years of related experience