The Enterprise Architect – Security role will lead the development of IT security strategy, architecture, practices, and roadmaps. The Enterprise Architect – Security will work collaboratively with the Information Technology leadership team and key business area leaders to shape and drive the security technology strategy, governance model, security standards, and future IT investments to manage cyber risk and data on a global level.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Understands current business processes, recognizes areas of opportunity, and develops plans to improve business processes
- Links corporate and department strategic initiatives to actionable Information Technology investment roadmaps
- Develops and maintains enterprise architecture artifacts (standards, guiding principles, solution design, etc.)
- Communicates value of strategies and roadmaps to IT and business leadership
- Works with business partners to develop comprehensive business cases for IT project investment
- Leads cross-functional teams to identify optimal technology solutions to solve business opportunities
- Ensures software solutions are in alignment with department and corporate policies and standards, and implemented as planned
- Drives application portfolio management for assigned functional areas, and identifies opportunities to leverage existing portfolio applications, eliminate redundancy, and reduce costs
- Evaluates new technology, and understands how it can be leveraged to improve business processes
- Translates business requirements into software requirements
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor Degree in Business, IT, and/or relevant field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience with demonstrated success in business process analysis, and delivery of software applications.
- Background in Consumer Goods and SAP strongly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of developing Information Technology roadmaps and plans in a global organization
- Ability to provide due diligence on new software or technologies to ensure business requirements and IT standards are met
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate linkage between strategies and roadmaps
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong business acumen in multiple business process areas desired
- Strong financial understanding of business and IT; able to assess financial implications of decisions and actions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship management skills, including team building, relationship management, negotiating, and conflict resolution
- Ability to influence and impart knowledge to senior IT and business management
- Ability to identify emerging trends in industry and technology and applicability to Spectrum Brands
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit and ability to explore new possibilities and approach issues differently
- Strong organization and time management skills