New locations. New business ventures. New career opportunities. Working at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is a challenging and rewarding experience. Our firm is recognized as the leader in providing legal and business advice to technology and growth companies at all stages of development. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional growth and exploration.
The Enterprise Application Engineer, under the direction of the Manager of Enterprise Applications, will architect modern Infrastructure solutions, implementing and supporting enterprise applications and cloud services following industry best practices. Under moderate guidance, lead projects with limited risk and resource requirements, while supporting application solutions that meet business needs. Work with the CIO, Finance, Marketing and other internal business units to support our corporate application strategy and roadmap.
- Support the design, engineering, and continuous development of various cloud environments and work as a member of a project team to lead implementation of cloud-based solutions, while ensuring that industry best practices are followed
- Provide engineering solutions for various application and project needs
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks; identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Collaborate with Information Technology team members on tasks such as application packaging, support, patching, upgrades, installation, configuration, and disaster recovery/business continuity while meeting performance service level agreements and managing application architectures
- Assist in the development of technical solutions or offerings, and in translating business needs into technical requirements
The Enterprise Application Engineer will not be responsible for supervision of any staff.
- A self-driven individual, fast learner whom can work within teams and independently
- Strong service-oriented skills including excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Available for 24/7 support when critical issues arise
- Willing to mentor and coach other IT team members and provide documentation for supported systems
- Understand cloud technology and infrastructure and have experience designing and migrating applications to the cloud.
- Able to blueprint, design and deploy scalable, HA and fault-tolerant systems recommendations where appropriate
- Solid understanding of “best practices” when it comes to operating in the cloud with respect to application migration or lift and shift scenarios
- Able to identify gaps, strategic impacts, financial impacts and the risk profile in the technical solution or offering and provide technical support
- Strong knowledge and troubleshooting skills of software installed on Windows clients and servers, as well as Mac clients
- Experience with software deployment, Windows registry customizations; MS O365, Nuance/Adobe
- Support and management of various databases, primarily Microsoft SQL Server, including high availability and clustering technology
- Knowledge of PowerShell and/or similar scripting technologies
- Knowledge of security practices, endpoint security, application Security
- Knowledge of iManage and/or NetDocuments
The Enterprise Application Engineer reports directly to the Manager of Enterprise Applications.
The Enterprise Application Engineer will maintain office hours totaling at least 8 hours each day, Monday through Friday, although he/she will be expected to work additional hours as required. Flexibility with working hours may also be required.