SeniorEngineering Technician Job ID:
AS20212510-71500 Job Location:
Simi Valley, CA Job Description:
This position is responsible for testing products during the manufacturing process, assisting Controls Engineering for specialized tests and test fixtures, and working with Engineering to present results and recommended solutions. Essential Functions:
- Responsible for testing and troubleshooting subassemblies of antenna tracking systems, including Acceptance Test Procedures, bench test procedures performing thermal, and vibration environmental screening tests in a prototype test environment.
- Supports design engineering for special evaluations, investigation of problems, First Article Testing, and other similar tasks as required.
- Other tasks include: lab cleanup, antenna, and subassembly level troubleshooting, continuity checks, and building test sets.
- Must be able to work well with other department members, as well as adjacent departments, follow instructions, and work in both a supervised and unsupervised environment.
- Some travel may be required to support customer demonstrations and customer testing
(refer to Career Framework)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- An Associate degree or higher in an engineering discipline is required or equivalent work experience including 7 years of test technician or related work experience.
- Experience testing and troubleshooting antenna systems in a production and/or prototype environment is required.
- Experience testing and troubleshooting failed assemblies from antenna systems is required (i.e., electronics and electromechanical).
- Must have attention to detail in completing testing documentation is a required capability.
Job Profile Matching Criteria:
- A background in electronics and familiarity with electronic and RF test equipment, test procedures, and installation documentation are highly desirable.
- Microsoft Word and Excel familiarity is required; expertise is preferred.
Expertise Engineering--Manufacturing Location USA - CA - Simi Valley