Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes and our team has a front row seat in the action. The Engineering Project Management Team is primarily responsible for planning, executing and handing off large, complex, cross-functional technology projects within the Engineering department. We also dedicate time to empower the Wayfair community to organize and execute their own roadmaps, projects, or communication plans by leveraging project management tools, processes, and best practices. We support the most complex initiatives, in a fast-paced environment, that has immediate impact on critical business decisions within a rapidly growing organization.
What You'll Do
- Lead the evolution of multiple highly visible complex projects from scoping through delivery.
- Proactively anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and communicate tradeoffs across diverse groups to optimize intended project outcome.
- Establish and maintain all aspects of project documentation such that it conveys an easily consumable storyline.
- Drive effective collaboration and consensus across large project teams composed of resources with varying experience levels; junior engineers through the executive team.
- Provide clear project communication to stakeholders across all levels, departments, and skill sets.
- Leverage your previous experience to understand our current environment and challenge our normal to expose unseen opportunities.
- Be a go-to leader for the team; mentoring teammates, sharing best practices, and driving process improvement for team operations.
What You'll Need
- At least 5+ years of strong technical project management experience, managing large cross-functional teams. Experience with software development and/or infrastructure teams preferred.
- A thorough understanding of project methodology and how to apply it to real world situations.
- A well-rounded technical background in current technologies.
- Self-driven motivation with a bias towards action; identifying opportunities and managing them through resolution
- Excellent communication skills to effectively interact with both technical and non-technical individuals and proven track record of influence at various levels of the organization.
- Ability to compartmentalize and context switch on the fly with changes that you can and cannot control.