Senior Engineering Project Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Consumer Electronics
Senior Engineering Project Manager
As a member of the Home Monitoring and Automation engineering team, you will be responsible for managing the development of video surveillance cameras, home monitoring/automation gateways, and proximity sensors for service providers as well as for worldwide retailchannels.
These products will incorporate most of the following technologies: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wireless, Zigbee, Zwave, Blutooth LE, Ethernet, DNS/DHCP, IP, HTTP, SNMP, and embedded Linux.
The primary function of an Engineering Project Manager is to work with product marketing and ODM coordinating and finalizing the product requirements in functionality, cost and schedule. The Engineering Project Manager manages ODM and coordinate with various in-house engineering team to ensure that high-quality products are delivered in a timely manner and in accordance with the company procedures and systems. In addition the engineer oversees the activities between the component suppliers and the ODM. The engineer must manage the technical issues that arise during the approval process and ensure rapid resolution by working with and through the sales engineers, ODMs and Component vendors.
• For assigned projects, take overall responsibility for delivering the product to production; including requirements generation, hardware, firmware, documentation, regulatory testing and Agile release requirements, per company policies. It is expected that projects should be managed with minimal supervision.
• Project management. Work with various internal engineering teams (hardware, firmware, software, mechanical, compliance, and marketing) in developing, publishing and meeting schedules, keeping all stakeholders informed of product status at all times.
• Project Execution. Manage the suppliers' (ODM, chip vendor, etc.) product development
• Product Verification. Manage verification testing of product features and performance.
• Customer Certification. Manage qualification of products with customers. Establish strong relationship with North America MSOs to be able to support direct product submission to MSOs without sales engineering support when required.
• Documentation. Provide input for manuals, help files, application notes and tech support web pages.
• Support and resolve any 3rd level technical support escalation issues.
• Track industry technology developments, supplier roadmaps, standards bodies and make product recommendations
Skills and Requirements
• Must be self-motivated and driven to achieve results
• BSEE/CS with 5 or more years of experience in developing networking products from concept to volume production.
• Engineering background with significant hands-on experience in product development.
• Strong development background developing products in embedded Linux environment.
• In depth domain knowledge in IP networking for Home gateways
• Strong understanding of home and WiFi networking.
• Strong understanding of the development cycle of technology products, specifically test driven development, able to track and resolve issues.
• Effective organization, project management and coordination skills; ability to get the job done.
• Proactive in taking ownership of issues and driving to resolution
• Anticipate risks, and prepare mitigation plans.
• Ability and willingness to take ownership of product; get the job done with minimal supervision.
• Teamwork. This position requires a close working relationship with the extended team, including engineering, operations, sales, customer support, marketing and program management.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Experience working in a start-up environment.
• Adaptive to ever-changing situations and answer the challenges
Fluent in Mandarin Chinese is a big plus but not necessary !