Senior Engineering Project Manager
About Hutchinson Technology:
While you may not see them, TDK’s products are all around you powering the world’s electronic devices. You can find TDK components inside computers, smartphones, cars, medical devices, and industrial equipment. We specialize in the design and manufacture of close-tolerance products that require chemical, mechanical, and electronic technologies.
We are more than doubling our production capacity in our Eau Claire, WI facility and are looking for talented individuals who want to work with cutting edge technology to join our growing team.
Hutchinson Technology offers a comprehensive benefits package including: benefits available day one, employee managed time off, 401(k), weekly payroll, onsite gym facility, climate controlled environment at 70°, and so much more!
- Focus: To provide the overall project management and direction for MEC products; working both internally and externally with MEC customers. The position of DRI (Directly Responsible Individual) is the main customer contact during product development through mass production. The DRI is the focal point for all product related information and communications with the customer. The DRI involves support groups and functions necessary to manufacture products from development through ramp of a product.
- Project Management: Delivery of non-technical project managerial activities internally and externally. Weekly activity with the customer includes leadership of routine meetings, product and process change approvals, summarizing meeting notes, and maintaining a customer action item list. Evening and weekend support of customer meetings and conference calls may be required at times. Internal responsibilities include project packets, PPD packets, justifications, project ownership, management updates, timelines, budget, and prioritizing project activities. Ensure project goals are met on schedule to permit a successful ramp to high volume manufacturing. Ensure seamless transitions occur between development engineering and mass production with Operations.
- Technical: Ability to lead and discuss technical concepts with the customer, clearly define product requirements, and set technical direction with external and internal groups. Have broad experience with multiple methods of manufacturing, lead the team to select best manufacturing methods.
- Analytical / Problem Solving: Ability to interpret data, generate solutions, and clearly summarize experimental results/conclusions for external customer communication.
- Creativity/Innovation/Research: Deliver new concepts and ideas. Lead technical staff in the development of new products/product features, through creative application of existing proven processes, or the development of new processes, materials, flows and techniques required to successfully win and ramp programs.
- Judgment/Business Sense: Delivery of sound decisions and direction setting externally and internally. Lead process selection, material selection, decision analyses, and impact assessments both internally and externally. Identify gaps in HTI systems needed to meet customer requirements, and work with HTI groups for solutions.
- Leadership/Teamwork: Ability to maximize individual and group knowledge, impact and productivity. Internal and external key deliverables are identification of opportunities, persuasion of peers and superiors, building of teams, groups or departments, mentorship, coaching, training, participation or initiation of discussions.
- Four year B.S. or M.S. science / engineeringdegree (e.g Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering) and related engineeringexperience depending on job grade.
- 5-10+ years of experiencerequired.
- Experience with Project/Program management is preferred
- Rounded experiences with Assembly, TSA+, Quality sciences, and general manufacturing requirements
- Excellent communication skills