Job Duties and Responsibilities
As part of the DISH Wireless 5G Core Network Team, the 5G Core Senior Engineering Project Manager will join the team of passionate engineers with start-up spirit to build, test and deploy DISH's standalone 5G network. The ProgramManager is responsible for coordinating and tracking multiple 5G Core team projects, ensuring that efforts stay on track tomeet strict deadlines. The projects can be of various degrees of complexity and often include coordination of numerous groups and departments, critical thinking and problem solving.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Engage, problem solve, and communicate across the enterprise to drive successful initiatives.
- Ensure critical thinking and flawless execution of projects by considering impacts on all areas.
- Interacting with all teams within DISH Wireless to assess requests for 5G Core Network team assistance.
- Working through the technical, business, operational and legal/compliance questions that develop surrounding the buildout of the Standalone 5G network.
- Partnering with management, other Project Managers and Architects to develop achievable completion dates and prioritize/de-prioritize efforts.
- Quickly escalate issues to other groups or departments where support needed and track for resolution and completion.
- Ensures proper documentation submitted by internal and external resources.
- Anticipates resource needs based on project schedules and expected throughput.
- Provides comprehensive updates to internal and external teams via regular status meetings/reports.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization through conventional methods (verbal and written).
- Position may require supporting off-hours schedules.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful 5G Core Staff Engineering Program Manager will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 10 years of Project Management experience.
- PMP certification strongly preferred.
- Must have excellent facilitation skills, very strong follow-through abilities and strong ownership of initiatives and issues – drive team to resolutions and delivery.
- Must have strong critical thinking and problem-solving ability/experience to drive solutions, addressing known issues and risks.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio and Word.
- Must be self-motivated, and able to efficiently manage simultaneous projects.
- Able to develop goals based on business needs and accomplish by working professionally with other team members.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with technical and non-technical teams