$100K — $150K *
Ready to do your part in the cyber arms race? SonicWall offers fun, high-energy work environments at the leading edge of technology, networking and cybersecurity. Whether you’re in sales, marketing, engineering, product management, technical support or finance, you’ll have real opportunities to help protect more than 500,000 organizations across the globe. If you’re ready for a career that can impact change — and not just another job — join one of committed and enthusiastic SonicWall teams in offices around the world.
Sr. Engineering Program Manager
The Sr. Engineering Program Manager will be responsible for leading Software & Hardware Engineering & Certification initiatives for SonicWall’s global Security Product Engineering teams located in the USA, Shanghai and India. Ideal candidate will bring to the team a combination of management capabilities and technical expertise having successfully led complex engineering projects in previous roles. Candidate will leverage that experience to build & maintain alignment between stakeholders in this high-impact high-visibility position.
• Own multiple software, hardware, and certification programs
• Oversee the development & implementation of software and hardware projects on a daily basis
• Establish project timelines, budgets and resource requirements. Secure resource support, commitments, and senior management buy-in.
• Drive and facilitate cross-functional project teams to assure functional representation and execution
• Develop, drive, and manage Federal Certification Programs (ex. FIPS, Common Criteria and UC-APL).
• Lead Program Teams and facilitate the communication and interaction amongst the functional representatives
• Develop and implement recovery plans for off-schedule and unanticipated events
• Establish third party contracts and manage outsource activities as necessary to meet project timelines
• Maintain detailed project plans and action items lists
• Present detailed project plan status to senior management as required
• BS Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
• Extensive knowledge of Software development lifecycles, infrastructure delivery and deployments, program management tools and procedures
• Extensive knowledge of certification programs such as FIPS, Common Criteria, UC-APL, etc.
• General knowledge of Software development and coding methodologies
• General knowledge hardware design cycles
• Strong self-starter, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong people management, presentation and conflict management skills
• Strong influence-management, negotiation, leadership and assertiveness skills
• Familiarity with Atlassian Confluence/JIRA, and Agile PLM preferred
• Degree in a technical discipline
• 7+ years of experience in a high technology company
• 4+ years of experience in Engineering Development, Project/Program or Product Management
• Previous software or hardware development experience preferred
• Software Quality Assurance or IT experience a plus
• Equivalent experience in an applicable technical area also accepted with at least 3 years in an Engineering program or project management role.
SonicWall provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Valid through: 10/20/2021