About the team
Zillow Offers seeks to give consumers certainty and control when selling their home. With the Zillow Offers experience, Zillow buys homes directly from interested homeowners, thereby sparing them the tremendous stress and effort of selling. Instead, we take that upon ourselves by quickly preparing these homes for the market and re-selling them. This is a key initiative at Zillow as we aim to define the future of real estate.
We are building a technology platform that enables scaled and distributed real estate operations across the country. The platform will harness the power of local inspectors, construction managers, contractors, market experts, real estate agents, and more to deliver an outstanding transaction experience to sellers and buyers.About the role
Zillow embraces daunting challenges like this one, and that's why we are looking for a strong Senior Development Manager to help lead our success. Zillow Offers is still in very early stages, so come seize this rare opportunity and apply your technical expertise and leadership in a brand new arena. You will have the opportunity to build a brand new engineering team focused on scaling our Zillow Offers platform for millions of home buyers and sellers. We believe in autonomy and moving fast, so self-motivation and the energy to blaze trails is a must-have for this role. As a Senior Development Manager of this team you will:
- Lead the architecture and implementation of web services, operational workflows, and applications for use in the field.
- Iterate quickly and ship code frequently.
- Own the quality of your team's feature work.
- Empower your direct reports with knowledge and opportunities to grow in their careers.
- Research and pioneer the adoption and use of new technologies within Zillow.
- Be willing to apply your experience to problems at every level of the tech stack.
- Champion operational excellence with a real passion for best-in-class, bulletproof product.
Who you are
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least five years of full-time experience and very high proficiency programming in Java, C#, or Python.
- At least two years in a management or tech lead role. Real passion for mentoring and growing the potential of others.
- A proven track record of high productivity in crafting, coding, debugging web applications and backend services.
- Collaborative working style with a strong focus on disciplined execution and results.
- Iterative approach to software development combined with the drive to move fast and think big.
- Dedication to great engineering, demonstrated through depth and breadth of knowledge.
- Expertise building and scaling resilient backend services.
- Experience with AWS, distributed systems, and/or app development a plus.