Job DescriptionWant to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity?Want to be a part of a company that was named as the2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Rockwell Collins is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Sr. Engineering Manager position to lead and mentor the software team responsible for Flight Management Applications on a Fusion-based fixed wing platforms. This team works in a collaborative development environment for military applications; supporting our customers, both internal and external, in developing the best possible solution for their needs. The team provides software engineering and technical direction over the software development lifecycle, including requirements definition and analysis, software design, development, integration, test, verification, and validation.
A comprehensive relocation plan is available for qualified applicants.
The key responsibilities and attributes for this position are:
* A demonstrated ability to coach and mentor a team and to be a subject matter expert in the development process
* Experience and passion in managing scope, schedule, and budget for avionics development
* Experience with risk and opportunity management, including interface with program management team and external customer
* Experience with DO-178B DAL B and ARP-4754a
* Identify, recruit, retain, and develop software engineering talent across the career range from entry-level to very experienced system engineers
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Candidates for this position must have a detailed understanding of industry development standards and their mapping to the Rockwell Collins Technical Consistent Process, project execution skills, and have demonstrated software engineeringexperience on complex avionics programs. A successful candidate should have experience working in highly collaborative environments, demonstrate the ability to take ownership of tasks and lead efforts spanning multiple stakeholders and business units, and the capability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization as well as customers. The position requires a close working relationship with program managers, multiple platform systems teams, and other subsystem engineering teams, including the product line team in Commercial Systems. As such, applicant must have both strong interpersonal skills and a strong, broad-based technical competency. Applicant must be able to manage multiple, sometimes conflicting, priorities and communicate priority decisions with tact.
Must Have Requirements:
* Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.’
* Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Experience in civil certification development methodology (DO-178B and ARP-4754)
* Experience in complex systems and software development
* Be familiar with standard systems development practices and configuration management tools
* Excel working in a team environment, establishing collaborative relationships with co-workers
* Consistently produce superior results, keeping projects on schedule and contributing to a positive work environment
*Experience inAgile development methodologypreferred
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more