We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” list. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
As a Senior Engineering Manager, you will fill a critical role in driving a vision for software development operations and positioning our engineering team for long-term scaling and growth. You will enable exceptional performance of the team and build structures/systems to ensure our success is repeatable, consistent, and scalable. You will collaborate with leaders across the business to identify priorities and mitigate risks. You will empower our software developers to maximize their impact and will own the results they deliver. You strive for engineering excellence. You work collaboratively across multiple geographical locations. You mentor software developers and enable their best work. You have a passion for working with technical teams delivering complex consumer and enterprise products, and fostering a collaborative, results-driven, and sustainable team culture.
You are driven to create best in class products.
What You Will Do:
- Manage multiple software development teams responsible for delivering Malwarebytes’ flagship Windows core technologies and products
- Hire, build and develop the best software developers in the world
- Collaborate with Product and Test Engineering to deliver an ambitious roadmap on time and with high quality
- Oversee management of overall platform architecture with senior engineering staff
- Implement team-wide standards and procedures for mature development practices and engineering excellence, with a focus on quality, predictability, repeatability, and scalability
- Be the voice and champion of your teams
- Build features and functionalities required to have best-in-class products
- Track and manage engineering KPIs to objectively assess and tune team performance
- Build a culture of craftsmanship, ownership, innovation, accountability and fairness
- Set expectations on delivery both upstream and downstream of your team in an agile environment.
Skills and Experience You Need to Have
- BS/MS/PHD in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 4+ years of experience managing the software development life cycle for a team
- 4+ years of experience managing a team with direct reports
- 5+ years of experience as a Windows software developer on a software engineering team, preferably a product engineering team
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures and algorithms
- Exceptional communication skills that cross both team and geographical boundaries
- Successful track record of developing and shipping commercial products for Windows
- Organizational skills to support managing of multiple parallel projects spanning across different engineering teams
- Fluency in Windows programming using C++ or C#.