(Key results expected from this position in the first 6-12 months)
- Provide global SBU category technical leadership for all new product development and business deliverables, including 3-year product road development to meet committed growth targets in sales and profitability.
- Ability to annualized global market and user research and assist the product teams in development of product and programspecifications that meet or exceed business deliverables in relation to speed, quality, and cost. Leading multiple project and category teams through innovation and the milestone processes to production Implementation.
- Ability to predict technical issues before they arise and provide global team leadership for efficient resolution on multiple programs and product categories.
- Provide technical category leadership for all warranty, profitability, and complexity management initiatives.
- Full knowledge of global manufacturing processes and low cost manufacturable product and component design.
- Interface with all disciplines globally to develop program deliverables.
- Supervise, train and development of the global technical team.
Employee Specifications:(Minimum education and experience required and key personal characteristics)
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 8-12 yrs experience in new product development and technical category leadership.
- Excellent problem solving, technical leadership, and program scheduling skills.
- Good organization and time management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple product category responsibilities.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work in a cross-functional global environment.
US - GTS - Power Tools & Equipment (PTE)
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.