You will use your strong technical skills to mentor team members and drive engineering excellence. You will take pride in the agility and workmanship of your team. You will build, cultivate and influence a strong sense of customer empathy and customer backward thinking around your sphere of influence. You believe in continuously improving operational processes and procedures.
At Compass You Will:
- Drive search result ranking strategy across the search platform.
- Be a subject matter expert in search and machine learning methodologies.
- Hire, lead and retain a team of engineers to deliver high-quality features.
- Lead the engineering effort to develop and launch new products while maintaining and improving existing products.
- Sustain the #qualityfirst mindset and keep a stringent eye on performance and and other metrics for the products you own.
- Manage your team’s business goals, contribute to product strategy, and develop your team.
- Create clear career paths for your individual team members and help them grow with coaching and mentoring. Perform regular performance evaluations.
What We Look For:
- BS in Computer Science, MS preferred
- 7+ years of software engineering experience using Java and Python
- 5+ years of engineering management experience
- Experience with learning and information retrieval in search applications.
- Experience with Recommendation Systems
- Hands on experience with TensorFlow, PyTorch and Spark
- Knowledge of Spark, Kafka and Elasticsearch
- Experience with building and maintaining production systems using a public cloud platform, preferably AWS.
- Understanding of Lucene is a strong plus.