At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Aruba is redefining the “IT EDGE”. Creating new customer experiences by building intelligent spaces and digital workspaces. We are focused on campus, branch, mobility and the IoT to transform business models with the combined power of compute, context, control and secure connectivity.
We are looking for a talented and driven Senior Manager of engineering to lead our SDWAN Routing team. The SDWAN Routing team is responsible for developing routing protocols and orchestration services for our SDWAN solution
This team is a collection highly talented, experienced group of experienced routing engineers and architects.
As a Senior Manager of Engineering, You Will Be Responsible For
- Working closely with other functional groups to define features, priorities, direction and timelines
- Drive and lead technical architecture of Routing software ensuring performance, scalability, high availability, interoperability
- Communicating clearly and honestly with stakeholders about progress, roadblocks, and timelines
- Recruiting, mentoring, and leading a team of talented managers, technical leads and engineers
- Handling day-to-day management tasks such as performance reviews, time off, HR Coordination
Our Minimum Requirements for This Role Are
- 15+ years of software engineering experience.
- 8+ years of experience in people management of highly skilled software teams
- Experience managing 30+ engineers and managing first level managers
- 5+ years of experience developing routing protocols (OSPF, BGP) and implementing them for service provider edge or core routers
- Strong familiarity with IP protocols and distributed systems
- Experience implementing routing at Service provider or Data center networks
- Desire to work in and lead a fast-paced, dynamic, highly effective team.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Education: MS in CS or EE ( or equivalent )
Our Desired Skills Are
- Knowledge of standard and repeatable software engineering practices.
- Hands-on experience with Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of Distributed Systems, Cloud technologies
- Passion to understand, learn, and evaluate new technologies.