The growing IT Enterprise Applications and Architecture (EAA) team is based in San Francisco, CA. The Sr. Engineering Manager (SMS) will report to the overall Director of Engineering for EAA.
- Manage a team of Product Owners, BSAs, Engineers to deliver fit-for-purpose solutions to business requirements in the space of Sales, Marketing and Support.
- Complete PLAN, BUILD, RUN responsibility.
- Responsible for production metrics and meeting production SLAs.
- Troubleshoot and fix production issues and help prioritise against existing backlog based on severity and impact.
- Responsible for all engineering practices for their area- Signal Lights Executive Cockpit, Product Quality, CI/CD.
- Perform Quarterly Operational reviews.
- Complete Platform Ownership: Management of Technical Debt and Platform Life Cycles for Salesforce and other platforms.
- Drive buy vs. build decisions.
- Perform hands-on configuration and code reviews.
- Work across a number of technologies and advise on fit-for-purpose solutions.
- Balance needs for functional and non-functional requirements (availability scalability, supportability, security, interoperability, etc.).
- Work closely with the Security teams to identify and implement unique security requirements relevant for the Coinbase business model.
- Work closely with the Business Unit Engineering teams to understand, document and integrate the customer Blockchain implementation with back-office Enterprise Applications.
- 5+ years experience with the above, including successful influencing skills at the Director level.
- Past experience with global platforms - SFDC, Marketo, and their integrations via Mulesoft/Workato.
- Experience with integration of large systems and custom products.
- Clear communication and orchestration of technical resources.
- Significant vendor management skills.
- Working knowledge of Jira, Jenkins, GitHub and overall Devops experience.
- Hands-on experience with Agile and breaking down epics into user stories.
- Hands-on code reviews and technical reviews in the last 5 years.
- Hands-on administration, configuration and development in the last 2 years.
- Demonstrated ability to create order out of chaos, with minimal oversight.
- Expert knowledge of Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets, Wiki's.