Our engineering team owns the code and infrastructure that makes our marketplace work. We care about good engineering practice and love to write software that is secure, tested, easy to maintain, and can scale to millions of users. We build the foundation enabling Faire engineers to deliver world-class software quickly and safely.
As a Senior Engineering Manager on Platform, you'll collaborate with us to:
- Lead a foundational, multi-discipline team of engineers working on complex projects with wide impact across the company
- Build a performant, scalable, stable, and easy to maintain platform and enable high velocity development of features across the engineering organization
- Manage and enable the growth of the talented engineers on the platform infrastructure team
- Collaborate with senior leadership, your peers, and your team, to evolve the team’s strategy and roadmap
- Directly impact our ability to grow quickly while improving operational efficiencies
We're excited about you because you have...
- Experience working on cloud infrastructure, software reliability, and distributed systems at scale
- A passion for programming and solving problems with code.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience.
- A strong technical background and you are still capable of using it on a daily basis.
- A love for technology, and an insatiable curiosity for new tools to tackle real problems.
- A track record of leading teams to higher levels of contribution.
- A track record of assisting team members to achieve higher levels of impact in their careers.
- Capable and willing to write software for a couple months as part of your onboarding.
- Still willing and able to get your hands dirty with software design, code creation, tooling, etc.
Bonus/Nice to haves:
- Post Graduate degree in management or business
- Strength and experience in running engineering teams using metrics.
- Have lead through other managers